Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Dalton
I would have to say it's California, with Georgia and Minnesota a close second...
Quote 0 0
bwssr
I don't know how bad wisconsin is yet. Still in the process.  I do know that some friends of mine went with the loan mod from Wells Fargo. They successfully finished the 3 month trial period and still were foreclosed on. Not allot of people in my area are fighting the foreclosure. Most just wait for the sheriff's sale and leave. The lawyers in the general area don't want to or don't know how defend against foreclosures. If they take the case they they usually have you go bankrupt 1st.  There are very few lawyers within a 60 mile radius of where I live that have any experience and it was tough finding one.
They get a bailout and we get the boot.
Quote 0 0
KneedeepinBS

I cannot find a lawyer in South Dakota! One that deals with foreclosure/mortgage/fraud.

Quote 0 0
bwssr
Some people seem to think there are lawyers to be found and with some work one can be found. It is not that easy. It took me months to find one. I went to court the 1st time and ended up with a default judgement. One sheriff's sale was postponed and the next one canceled.  Then out of the blue the bank vacated the judgement. I finally found a lawyer after that. I also have someone that is very knowledgeable giving me advice too. 
They get a bailout and we get the boot.
Quote 0 0
Rocks2Fossils
Waiting for  my second foreclosure auction date next week. Upside down just enough that it is not a good investment and the bank is asking for more than its worth.  We are in the wait & see mode.
In my area (SoCal), if you google (3 pages in) for lawyers 98% are located in the same building. One we consulted with did not give us much extra info other than to go bankrupt before the auction. He wanted authorization for my debit card  BEFORE he would send me the retention agreement,  Of course, I said no.
I finally found a lawyer that said wait until your house is auctioned (it may take 10-12 auction dates), several months, -----only after that  IF the bank comes after you for the second mtg, then come to see him about going bankrupt.
We fell behind when both of our hours were cut for about a year. I regained mine but my husband's still fluctuate between 20 -36 per week with no set daily schedule based on customer needs.
We also have a Linda Green signature. We started to fight foreclosure....but I think we are going to just let the house go.

Make sure you do not pay a lawyer upfront and do your own research so you know if they are giving you ALL the info you should have.

Quote 0 0
Diane
I'm going to have to say North Carolina is at the top of the fraud list.    Only one honest Register of Deeds in the State, Thigpen.

With NC being the financial capital of the U.S., and home to Bank of America there appears to be an unwritten rule by the N.C. Bar Association, that attorney's should not represent homeowners against the banks.   I have been told as much for an attorney I did try to retain.   Any bank can foreclose on anyone in the State of North Carolina; regardless of whether there is proof, whether a deed was recorded or not; just by virtue of saying they are a bank and you owe them money.    It is the bank's word against the homeowner's, with no proof being necessary.  Since the banks line the pockets of these corrupt county clerks of court and county judges,  and with no legal representation available to a homeowner; the bank's basically run the state.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...