Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
I am one month behind on my mortgage payment and I do have an adjustable rate.  I requested and received loan modification documents which I completed and mailed to Wilshire on 12/27/07.  I was told by the customer service rep that processing takes about 2-3 weeks.  I called on 1/17/08 and it was confirmed that my documents had arrived and I was given the name of my "loan" rep.  I called every week to see where the process was and ALWAYS got voicemail and NO ONE ever returned my calls.  Finally, on 3/11 I called late in the day (from work) and my rep actually picked up the phone.  We went over my entire package and she told me that it would be forwarded for approval and she would call me on 3/13.

I'm still waiting... it's been now been 18 weeks.  I have called twice a week, left voicemails - nothing.  I even got the name of her supervisor and her supervisor's supervisor, left messages and nothing.  In the meantime, my account is up to $900+ in late fees and "drive by" to make sure the home has not been abandoned at a price of $100 per drive by. 

I searched the web and found multiple sites with complaints about Wilshire and their deceptive, unethical and unprofessional practices.  I don't know what else I can do except continue to call.  And - from what I've read elsewhere - they purposely "hold" the paperwork and will eventually contact me to tell me the paperwork needs "updated" because the information is too old and I'll start the waiting game all over again - meanwhile continuously adding charges to my account.
Quote 0 0
You are at the front end of a foreclosure perpetrated by Mortgage Servicing Fraud.  You are about to find that the servicer NEVER intended to assist you but rather was simply setting you up to bleed you dry and for further litigation and ultimately the foreclosure of your home.

You need to immediately STOP talking on the telephone to the servicer representatives.  And you also need to be aware that EVERY communication YOU MAKE with them IS going to be USED AGAINST YOU in any future litigation.  Read through many of the other posts at this site and particularly some of the insightful posts by "Moose".

It sounds to me as though you need to IMMEDIATELY consult a lawyer.

Bear in mind that no amount of ORAL assurance that the lender is GOING TO agree to a modification is actually going to be binding upon them.  ONLY the written representations are going to likely matter.

These various trash fees are a MAJOR source of profit for the mortgage servicer, but the real pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is YOUR EQUITY in your home.  The servicer will use you default to STEAL this equity!

Spend a few hours reading the other posts here and (a) get a lawyer, (b) find a way to CURE any default and get past this problem.  Do NOT expect that this default is going to be gratuitously cured by the generousity of the mortgage servicer.  You would be better off bringing a poisonous snake into your home and giving it to your child as a pet.  It is POSSIBLE that your child might SURVIVE a snakebite.  You will NOT be as fortunate with the equity in your home!
Quote 0 0
Ohio
Been there...still have the scars from their teeth marks in my left butt cheek.

Ditto to what WAR said. I suspect any day now you will receive a summons. I'm not trying to scare you but they WILL drag out the process and as a result a one month arrearage turns into a 90 day default.

It's text book MSFBS
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...