Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Carrie
I checked my MIN on the MERS site and found that the owner has changed from Fannie Mae to the servicer. Is this usual? And is it because the assignment out of MERS to the servicer is now recorded?
Quote 0 0
Are you in default?  If you are, and this is pure speculation, then with all of the problems that MERS has on their plate today your servicer may be assigning all of their non-preforming loans from MERS back into the servicers name to avoid MERS issues if they decide to proceed with foreclosure.

Don't panic because this could just as easily be a case where your servicer is trying to cover their behinds and rid themselves of the MERS debacle.

Quote 0 0
Carrie
Thank you for your response.

I have a foreclosure case pending, and the assignment of mortgage out of MERS to the servicer was recorded one day after the case was filed. But the assignment shows it was signed and notarized three days before the case was filed. Just out of curiosity, I checked MERS again and Fannie Mae is no long listed.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...