Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
How can I find out who insured the pool of mortgages that my mortgage ended up in???

Can someone help me?

Thanks,
cmc
Quote 0 0
Sara
I am sure that many of us would love to know the answer to that question.

S
Quote 0 0
h gosh
You'll find the answer in the PSA
Quote 0 0
The Pooling and Servicing Agreement may or may not be insured for loss, it may be an "Indemnification Agreement" as opposed to an Insurance Policy. 

As a mortgage holder within the agreement, you may not have a claim
against them, however those that created
the Securitized pooling agreement could be, and they are insured.

Could you be more specific what your thoughts are? and why? 

Feel free to contact me direct if necessary.
Quote 0 0
anon

Beleive it or not it may be posted in the SEC filings under 8k. I beleive I actually found the company that insured the mortgage pool and it wasn't AIG.You have to do a lot of searching. Back to you Ben Bernanke.

Quote 0 0
anon,

You need to help me out here. I want to know who insured the pool of mortgages I am in.

The last thing filed with the SEC was that they didn't have to file anymore. Something to that effect.... I will have to pull it up again to see how it was worded.

I appreciate it.

cmc
Quote 0 0
Moose
"Insurance" is sometimes known as "credit enhancement" so when you're searching through agreements take that into consideration.

Moose

Quote 0 0
moose,

Thank You, Because I think I have seen those words out there somewhere...

cmc
Quote 0 0
anon

sorry for not getting back to you. There is a huge volume of info on the sec docs. I just had surgery. I beleive I found it in the 8K filing. I know everyone says the info is there. It is. You just have to process a tremendous amount of info. I also recall reading that as part of the selling part of the prospectus's the lender assures the potential buyer (investor) that the pools are insured in the event of a default by the borrower.

Quote 0 0
Alan
But...
What happens when the originator defaults on paying the dividends to the trust?
Is that insured?

Quote 0 0
anon

Think so. Look at the PSA. They cover a lot of info in 350 pages.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...