Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

Got a question what happened to EMC??? got the paper work that Wells Fargo bought the loans .. today got my homeowner insurance and it lists JB Morgan Case Bank  as mortgagee... Just trying to find out who owns my house... this is such a mess.. thought it would get better.. still fighting but I am wearing down..

Quote 0 0
Unregistered

Quote:
Just trying to find out who owns my house... this is such a mess.. thought it would get better.. still fighting but I am wearing down.

I would think that YOU own your house.  If you think someone else owns it, why do you call in "my house"?

Check your deed.  See if the seller deeded it to you.

Check the recorded land records and the county tax records.  If you forgot to buy it and obtain a deed then it is probably not your houseWhy do you care about EMC and any mortgage if you do not even own the house??

Quote 0 0
MSF Moderator
Hey Malibu.   Your current circumstances aside, it is good to hear from you after such a long time.

EMC is hiding behind the curtains at JPMorgan Chase and refuses to come out unless by court order.  EMC is getting hammered by investors and even by their partner in crime Wells Fargo.  Wells Fargo bought stolen property from EMC, so we just had to send the WF lawyers the evidence.  EMC then refused to turn over its records.  

About a year ago, it was discovered that EMC is keeping accounts open long after the stolen homes were resold so it could continue charging monthly fees to investors.  4closureFraud and Lisa at Foreclosure Hamlet made an explosive discovery showing Bank of America doing the same thing. Michael posted some of the evidence. 

There is an interesting case charging EMC with various violations of Acts for discriminating against and terrifying a disabled veteran with constant threats of losing his home, even though he has never missed a payment.  Plus, EMC/Chase has complete access to his bank account and automatically withdraw his monthly payment, and apparently are helping themselves to this severely disabled person's money.  

The vet's disability checks are wired to his account, but after the government got involved in this case, EMC/Chase, or whatever you call them, have barred the vet from accessing his account online, refuse to provide an accounting, and he is not allowed inside any of their branch offices.  

The vet alleges EMC is using his monthly payments to pay its lawyers after he found they were doing it in other cases.  To top it off, EMC took out a completely separate mortgage on his home.  There was no closing and no signing of documents. 

If I hadn't named EMC in here, you may not have believed it.

Apparently the government is providing him with a lawyer at no cost.  I can't remember what Act it is under, but I will try to supplement this post with the information later.
Quote 0 0

hello

the act that the moderator speaks of is the Fair Housing Act of 1964 u.s.c. 49 c.f.r 100-200 . http://www.hud.gov. download discrimination complaint and file it with local hud office or send directly to sechud shawn donovan. this is not legal advice. always consult with a qualified licensed attorney . this is what I did as a veteran to fight chase. the scumbags.

best r,

David

Quote 0 0

please sign my petition to help all of us get our justice with these scumbag lenders and servicers.

David

Quote 0 0

forgot to post link to my petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/homeowners-discrimination-petititions-to-us-federal-govt-hud-agency-for-bank-restitution

david

Quote 0 0

Thank You soo much Moderators.. I needed that information.. Now I know why we are getting statements from both Wells Fargo and JP Chase.. It is confussing. We got a statement from EMC/Chase in October 2011 it said that EMC changed to Chase's system and to note the address change. But in September we got a Annual Escrow Account and change of payment notice From EMC.  It said we owe an additional 24,000 from our escrow account that we never had. We paid out of our pockets for taxes and homeowners insurance. Starting in December they wanted a payment of 1,662.00 a month till we reached a 0.00 balance..

Quote 0 0
MSF Moderator
Malibu:

Here is another recent lawsuit filed against Bear Stearns, EMC Mortgage and JPM.

Bloomberg did an article on it yesterday...

It is worth highlighting the following from the complaint, as it may toll the statute of limitations.   

9. Defendants’ fraudulent conduct resulted in RMBS that were much riskier than represented to investors, including the thirty-seven securitizations at issue here. Defendants knew this when they sold their RMBS to Plaintiff. 

As a former regional Vice-President at JPMorgan explained to the New York Times: “The bigwigs of the corporations knew this, but they figured we’re going to make billions out of it, so who cares? The government is going to bail us out. And the problem loans will be out of here, maybe even overseas.” Nicholas D. Kristof, A Banker Speaks, With Regret, N.Y. Times (Nov. 30, 2011). 

By contrast, the full extent of Defendants’ scheme was not known, and could not have been known, to Plaintiff until the FCIC published the findings of its investigation in January 2011 (the “FCIC Report”) and the U.S. Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations published its report titled, Wall Street and the Financial Crisis: Anatomy of a Financial Collapse (the “Senate Investigations Report”) on April 13, 2011

Together, these reports revealed for the first time that Defendants were creating and selling RMBS backed by mortgage pools that they knew, or at the very least recklessly disregarded, to be much riskier than they represented to Plaintiff and other investors.

10. The consequences of Defendants’ actions have been devastating, resulting in the collapse and subsequent takeover of Bear Stearns and WaMu by Defendant JPMorgan.
Quote 0 0
Moderator I read the link and all I can say is WOW.. no wonder we got the run around back in 2007. They did not care if we defaulted or not .. they did not care about us or working out something that we could afford all they said was more money... I could only think of one thing when I read this is where is Kris Carman??? I hope he get his... Wish I was sitting on this jury...
Thank you so much for posting this...
Quote 0 0
MSF Moderator
Malibu:

Chris Carman should be worrying about how many years he will be spending in prison for a variety of crimes he committed for EMC Mortgage, such as: Making False Statements to Obtain Property (first-degree felony in Texas with up to 99 years in prison); mail/wire fraud, conspiracy, RICO, forgery, obstruction of justice, evidence tampering, creating and filing forged documents in government records/court records, conspiracy to commit fraud against the government, and on and on and on.  Time permitting, I will try to get the list of the actual citations to the "alleged" criminal charges against him.  It was 40 something. 

Perhaps that is why he moves around a lot and can't seem to hold a job anymore.  

Via Nye

Chris Carman

Managing Attorney (NC) at Butler & Hosch
Charlotte, North Carolina Area 
Financial Services
Current
Past
  • Chief Compliance Officer at Prodovis Mortgage, LLC.
  • Legal and Regulatory Compliance Manager at Guardian Resolution Services, LLC
  • Vice President, Default Compliance Counsel at MGC Mortgage, Inc.
Education
  • The University of Texas at Austin
  • Klein Forest High School
Recommendations
2 people have recommended Chris
Connections
500+ connections
Websites
Public Profile

Quote 0 0
MSF Moderator
and...
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Law Practice industry
October 2011 – Present (5 months) Charlotte, North Carolina Area
2004 – Present (8 years)
The 343 Memorial Climb is a charity event started by my wife to help raise money for the families of Texas firefighters killed or hurt in the line of duty.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Financial Services industry
March 2010 – June 2010 (4 months)
Prodovis Mortgage, LLC is a specialized mortgage servicer focused on performing and nonperforming first and second liens, located in Arlington, TX.
Chris has 1 recommendation (1 co-worker) including:
  • 3rd Sara H., Document Control Manager, Prodovis Mortgage, LLC.
July 2009 – February 2010 (8 months)
Outsource loan modification service provider to the mortgage servicing industry.

Quote 0 0
MSF Moderator
December 2008 – June 2009 (7 months)
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; MS; Financial Services industry
May 2008 – November 2008 (7 months)
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Financial Services industry
1997 – 2008 (11 years)

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...