Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
My husband and I just recently lost our home to foreclosure with America's Servicing Company. They are a mortgage servicing company that bought our loan less than a month after we closed on our house. We closed in December of 2005. In June of 2006 both my husband and I got laid off from our jobs within two weeks of each other. I was also going through some pretty tough medical issues at the time so our funds and savings were depleted. Our servicing company would virtually do nothing to help us save our home. We put our house up for sale when a workable workout program could not be established with ASC. We did find buyers, two of them. The first backed out because ASC told our Realtor it would be 45-60 days before they could tell us if they would approve the short sale offer. The second buyers did stick around. They offered on the house in April 2007, we got an approval in June 2007. We had a closing date for July 2007. ASC told our Realtor on June 11th 2007 they would postpone the foreclosure sale that was to be held on June 13th 2007. They DID NOT DO THIS and the house went to foreclosure and was sold. Of course there is a 75 day redemption period of which no one could possibly meet because they tac on 40-50 thousand more dollars onto the loan. This is how our home was taken by the servicing company. Our hands are tied, literally no one will help us. When is something going to be done about these types of practices? What can we do to get the government to wake up?
Quote 0 0
Stephen

Probably never.  It's up to us victims to educate the public.  It just proves that you never own your home until it's paid for.

Quote 0 0
4 justice now

And possibly, not even then...

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...