Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
The Equitable One
This case is linked from the MSFraud homepage at the following link:

http://www.msfraud.org/Law/Lounge/wellsscorchingruling.pdf

I haven't yet read the entire 90 page order so I cannot speak intelligently about all it entails (some might say I can't speak intelligently anyway, LOL) but I am struck by this language from page one, in the section titled "Summary"

"Overdraft fees are the second-largest source of revenue for Wells Fargo’s consumer deposits group, the division of the bank dedicated to providing customers with checking accounts, savings accounts, and debit cards. The revenue generated from these fees has been massive. In California alone, Wells Fargo assessed over $1.4 billion in overdraft penalties between 2005 and 2007. Only spread income — money the bank generated using deposited funds — produced more revenue."

Put simply it looks as if it works this way - break the law and make $1.4 billion dollars, get fined $200 million.

As long as our regulators and courts impose fines/penalties that are a mere portion of the ill gotten booty then we can expect the common thinking and practice to be: Heck, it's cheaper to litigate and be fined than it is to follow the law and do the right thing.

The continued failure of our courts to adequately hold violators accountable looks very much like complicity to me.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...