Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
phillyjoe
Hi all.  As I have posted, I have been in a legal battle with Litton for a period of years. 

Recently a Federal Judge sort of insisted that Litton's lawyers convey that a work-out should be the solution. Litton has sent a modification workout which I have filled out and returned. 

A hearing on the matter was scheduled for today, but their lawyers asked for a continuance until Litton had more time to review the workout.

This afternoon I received a phone call from a company that stated Litton had hired them to come and do an interior inspection of the property ASAP, which he stated he would be at my house tomorrow afternoon, July 17.

Has anyone else had this happen so abruptly, and also is this normal in a modification.

I will call a lawyer at legal aide tomorrow as they are closed now. 

I have been an avid reader of this forum, and many of you are smarter than me have really helped with my battles. For that I thank you, but this new wrinkle has thrown me for a loop.

Quote 0 0
CONNECT THE DOTS

NOT LEGAL ADVICE----IT'S COMMON SENSE.

DON'T LET ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSE WITHOUT A COURT ORDER. IT IS A RUSE TO GAIN ADMITTANCE WHICH THEIR INVESTOR REQUIRES BEFORE THEY SEND THE SHERIFF OUT.

Quote 0 0
Digger
Quote:
IT IS A RUSE TO GAIN ADMITTANCE WHICH THEIR INVESTOR REQUIRES BEFORE THEY SEND THE SHERIFF OUT.

I second that.  NOT without prior written court approval. 
Quote 0 0
Moose
Obviously, as pointed out above - this isn't legal advice.

phillyjoe wrote:
Hi all.  As I have posted, I have been in a legal battle with Litton for a period of years. 

Recently a Federal Judge sort of insisted that Litton's lawyers convey that a work-out should be the solution. Litton has sent a modification workout which I have filled out and returned. 

A hearing on the matter was scheduled for today, but their lawyers asked for a continuance until Litton had more time to review the workout.

How long did the court give them? Rarely will a continuance order not have an actual number of days to comply.

phillyjoe wrote:
This afternoon I received a phone call from a company that stated Litton had hired them to come and do an interior inspection of the property ASAP, which he stated he would be at my house tomorrow afternoon, July 17.

Has anyone else had this happen so abruptly, and also is this normal in a modification.

I will call a lawyer at legal aide tomorrow as they are closed now. 

I have been an avid reader of this forum, and many of you are smarter than me have really helped with my battles. For that I thank you, but this new wrinkle has thrown me for a loop.

Technically, and again this isn't legal advice, but no one from Litton or any company they contract with should be in contact with you because you're represented by counsel.

Their rationale may be to determine if the property is still worth what it was when the loan was originated, but call the person back and tell them to contact your attorney - that you won't make any decisions without counsel and any communication must go through your attorney.

Moose

Quote 0 0
Dont let them in without your lawyer's knowledge, and if possible have him their,

if he says yes, get all identifications of people, drivers license, etc, license plates, and use your own camera to document them, and if possible use a video with voice recorder to hear what they are saying! 

FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T TRUST LITTON LOAN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Quote 0 0
Everyone is Right!

Don't trust them or anyone else for that matter.

Litton tried to get the judge to "Alter or Amend my Payment History".  Litton attorney told the judge that they acknowledge I had made payments for (1996-1998), but claim that part of my file was lost by former mortgage company/bank who had went out of business, i.e.  Nuvell, Ocwen, etc.

However, $22,000 in mortgage payments are missing and not reflected in my Principal Loan balance. I strongly objected quoting the Wright vs. Litton case to the judge that Litton will say anything while in front of a judge.  Then sometime after the order of the court and case is closed or settled will come back and try to get repayment for the same debt.  As was done in the above (Wright) case.
Quote 0 0
philly joe
Thanks for all the great advice ,I had posted this the same day but apparently it didn't show.I did check with the local acorn housing agency here and their lawyer did say it was a standard step and a good sign that they would be modifying the loan .The person that came was not a home inspector ,just a local Realtor and only took 1 picture of every room and did leave a photo copy of his license.I also talk to Litton's lawyer here ,the one who has been advocating that they modify the loan.I am also under he stay from bk court in the eastern district .I will post any results ,good or bad that do happen.again thanks for this great site with such a knowledge base.
Quote 0 0
Beware of Acorn I was member myself and went on demonstrations. I have been to several Acorn offices from Washington D.C. to California and many of the members are sincere but their funding and backing comes from Citibank, JP Morgan at the top of the ms fraud/predatory lending food chain and many other npo's (non profit organizations are often set up for cash flow, profiteering and money laundering). Acorn wound up stalling me and leading me on wild goose chases wasting time at a critical period and Acorns financing division AHC was using Ameriquest to refinance. As part of Ameriquests "punishment" by Acorn they financed 360 million in low income loans through Acorn.

In addition my residence was in an upscale neighborhood and nearly paid for and Acorn members made it clear their focus was to defend low income borrowers who borrowed more than they could afford and Acorn was not interested in prosecuting fraud. In the Wells Fargo Acorn meeting I attended the borrowers spent two hours whining about how buried they were in credit card debt because housing prices were to high for low income people in L.A. the Deputy A.G. was noticeably angered at wasting his time. 

Time is your enemy and I'm afraid spending time with Acorn may harm your credibility as well.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...