Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
h gosh
We don't need "swat teams" we need law enforcement!!

Treasury threatens servicers over slow mortgage modifications

By Kevin G. Hall | McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department announced Monday that it would send financial "SWAT" teams to leading mortgage servicers in December to police their performance in a $75 billion government program that seeks modifications of distressed mortgages in order to reduce the high national rate of foreclosures.

For the rest of the article go here:  http://www.mcclatchydc.com/226/story/79763.html

Quote 0 0
If the government had treated the crooks in the financial trail as terrorists like they should have there would be no mess to clean up, no foreclosure crises and no surprise financial crises.

This isn't a civil matter it's a crime of treason an internal attack on our nation that is far more serious than a foreign threat.

People shouldn't be concerned about them getting overpaid for doing a bad job they should be concerned with jail time for attacking our country, destroying comunities and families and transferring trillions in assets to potential enemies.
Quote 0 0
Sara
Swat teams might get them to move quicker though

S
Quote 0 0
arkygirl
*Rant On*

What these servicers needed years ago was a "SWAT" on their backsides and a smack on their hands when they got caught robbing the cookie jars as toddlers. You cannot reason with a two-year-old unless you get his attention first; he just wants a cookie and is not going to listen to reason otherwise.

It is appalling that there are so many people whose parents allowed them to grow to adulthood with no sense of right or wrong and every sense of entitlement. They have no consciences, no shame. They feel they are owed the fruits of other people's labor for little or no labor on their own part.

It is sickening. Thanks a lot, Dr. Clueless Spock (aka "Dr. No-Swat") You almost single-handedly created the lost generations in America. What Dr. Clueless didn't do to destroy the moral compass in America, the government stepped in and did what it could do to finish it off. "Can't scold or correct that child, oh no. We will send our enforcers to take you to jail".  "No, you cannot expose the child to the Ten Commandments". "No, you cannot mention the meaning behind Christmas. We have declared Christmas to be a consumer frenzy and nothing more." Bah, humbug! And then they sit around wondering why the crime rates are over the top...duh!

Pride in personal accomplishment, integrity and honesty are the casulties of this misguided parenting plan. (please note that I do NOT endorse beating a child. I do endorse a well-placed smack on the backside, lifting of privileges, or whatever will make a child realize that to do wrong has REAL consequences. (Without these lessons at a young age it will be up to the justice system to teach them later and it is rarely successful).

I wish the overseer swat teams luck in their endeavors to teach grown people that it is wrong to steal. What they need to do is get the coddled spoiled brat adults a real job; something like breaking rocks for fifty cents an hour with half of that being confiscated just because someone else wants it. A lot of hours of sweating will open their minds to the lessons that they need to learn.

Since the government is itself the master thief, it will be interesting to watch them try to lead by example. More likely, they will just teach the servicers some new tricks. How can the Grand Thief teach good values?

Let's face it, somehow along the way it became acceptable to steal and cheat in America. If it is too hard to earn it, just steal it from someone else. If the sport is too hard, take steroids. If you get caught-oops!-lie about it and it will be OK. If life is tough, take a pill-we have a million of 'em. Calm you down, jazz you up, make you numb, wake you up or make you sleep, whatever you think you need.

America is Oz and we no longer even seem to have the desire to see behind the curtain. And that is the scariest thing of all.

*Rant Off*

Quote 0 0
h gosh
Arkygirl - you are so right about America being "OZ".  I just finished reading a synopsis of what "Oz" was originally written about.  It was about the "Great Depression" and the slight of hand used by Wall St. during that time.  Same as then, same as now.  Anyway, here is a vehicle that can be used by the Gov't for their Swat Teams I'm sure our local police force will be more than happy to drive through the walls of several servicers.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090525/NEWS/905250317

Quote 0 0
Margaret
Thanks for the article. Let's see if it helps, I doubt it. They have been promising for years to help and nothing has worked.

Sad that most of these Modification Alliances are also the mortgage servicers in disguise.
Quote 0 0
MSFraud Admin
The President
Executive Order 13519—
Establishment of the Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to strengthen the efforts of the Department of Justice, in conjunction with Federal, State, tribal,territorial, and local agencies, to investigate and prosecute significant financial
crimes and other violations relating to the current financial crisis and economic recovery efforts, recover the proceeds of such crimes and violations,and ensure just and effective punishment of those who perpetrate financial crimes and violations
, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Click Here
Quote 0 0
4 Justice Now
WHAT A F'N JOKE. They know damn well who is responsible for 99% of the fraud. They don't need new laws or agencies, they simply need to enforce the existing laws, and forget to about all the political correctness B.S. If they were truly interested in providing any form of justice, companies such as AIG, Ameriquest, Countrywide, Fairbanks, Goldman Sacks, Litton, MERS, Ocwen and so many others would not exist today and their management and founders would be stamping out license plates in prison, not living on easy street.

V/r,

4J
Quote 0 0
Margaret
I agree totally h gosh, it is not just a coincidence that Obama has supporters in the mortgage industry.

I also contacted the Attorney General in Florida and have yet to receive a response. Think they have their ear plugs in and are hoping for this mess to just disappear. 
Quote 0 0
LNT
If you are in Florida, contact Senator Bill Nelson.  His office is helping with complaints against Countrywide / Bank of America and others.

By Mail: By Fax: Questions:

Office of Senator Bill Nelson

225 East Robinson Street, Suite 410

Orlando, Florida 32801

Fax: (407) 872-7165    Telephone: (407) 872-7161

Toll-free in Florida Only:

(888) 671-4091

Quote 0 0
I didn't read the link about Obama, but if I recall wasn't this BS EO put in place to investigate INDIVIDUALS for mortgage fraud?  As in the homeowners, NOT the big companies?

That's what I remember.  Talk about bass ackwards.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...