Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Stephen
Starting tomorrow, I will be picketing in front of the San Diego County Courthouse, carrying a sign stating the following:

"Judge John Meyer, Dept. 61

Predatory lender's best friend"

I am also having my van lettered with the same message on both sides.

It's cheap and we're way overdue to go after the judges that facilitate mortgage fraud and protect the racketeers.
Quote 0 0
Sara
Good!!!  And don't forget to call the local news   After all, that's one of the best ways for people to see and hear what's really happening.

S
Quote 0 0
PotoMat

Pic's would be cool! I would like to see that.

Quote 0 0
Stephen

I'm planning on letting the TV stations know, but I suspect they'll come running.  I'll ask a passer-by to take a pic and I'll post it.

Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
I like your spirit and intention but likely the media, and media, won't give you enough time or attention to explain yourself and/or the issues involved. They won't understand it and will be more inclined to see you as some sort of nut.

Still, we have to do what we can.

I wish you the best.

Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
Oops. That should read "any media."
Quote 0 0
O -

Best of Luck, Stephen.  you might want to make some flyers to hand out.

Quote 0 0
Sara

The Equitable One wrote:
I like your spirit and intention but likely the media, and media, won't give you enough time or attention to explain yourself and/or the issues involved. They won't understand it and will be more inclined to see you as some sort of nut.

Still, we have to do what we can.

I wish you the best.

I have to disagree with this statement.  The media is starting to come to the realization that it isn't just about people not being able to pay their mortgages, or that people overbought homes that they really couldn't afford. 

We are now educating them to these servicers who keep playing their little games of raising peoples fixed rate mortgage payments (like they did mine), misapplying payments (happened here too), refusing to take off late charges when the mistake was theirs to begin with (same again, here too), charging escrow for taxes and not paying them, charging escrow for bogus insurance policies and don't let me forget adding "corporate fees". 

Why aren't the banks and financial firms who hire these servicers out held responsible for their actions?  They know what's going on!  No, they like us getting screwed over...that's the whole deal in a nutshell!

One of these days, one of these servicers is going to play this game with the wrong person and end up meeting a "Timothy McVeigh"!  Will you feel sorry for them?  I know from my own personal experience, I won't!

S

Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
Sara,

I hope you are closer to correct than I am. I really do.

I've spoken with several journalists in my area, been involved in interviews totaling about 4 hours, provided case files, other media articles, etc. Thus far none of them have published anything.

A journalist I spoke with a year ago ... I spoke with him again last week. He had written me off as a nut last summer, and that in response to providing him cases in support of my contentions. Last week he more or less said he couldn't cover my story/issue because I wasn't in his area of circulation. Of course we here know it doesn't matter where you live because the issue scans the enitre country. Truth is I'm only 30 miles away from his office and circulation is out here too.

He threw out something of a bone and offered to read any materials I provided him of cases closer to him. But he also added that he wanted there to be attorneys making the claims and defenses. As far as I can tell I am the one in my state that is breaking this new ground so it is doubtful I'll find any attorneys putting on these defenses. His attitude is similar to the courts - if it isn't an attorney doing it then it must not have any merit.

So, again, I hope you are closer to correct than I am.

Quote 0 0
Stephen
2nd day of public protest is starting to get attention.  I'm now getting the finger from courthouse employees, had two sherriff's deputies interview me this morning and I gave them this website address.

I'm having the Judge's name printed on the side of my van and parking it directly across the street from the courthouse steps every morning.

Local news wanted to interview me and I declined, telling them "National coverage only"

Sherriff asked me what I wanted, "Money", and I answered "There is no amount of money that can compensate me for the misery and humiliation this corrupt judicial system has caused me.  I want that judge's job and nothing less.  Let HIM find out firsthand what it feels like to be homeless"

Tried posting the pics but they are still "Too large", even though I re-sized them.
Quote 0 0
O -
Stephen, you can send me the pic's and I will try to get them up if you want.

YOU GO DUDE!!!!

Quote 0 0
O -

O - wrote:
Stephen, you can send me the pic's and I will try to get them up if you want.

YOU GO DUDE!!!!

Markie8611@aol.com
Quote 0 0
Big Mac
On Your Side: Mortgage FraudSave Email Print
Reporter: Jeff Anderson
Email Address: jeff.anderson@wrdw.com

A | A | A

The FBI says it happens more in Georgia than in any other state...and you could end up losing your home because of it.

It's called mortgage fraud.

Maybe someone steals your identity and takes out a loan, or maybe your company tacks on illegal fees.

12 On Your Side's Jeff Anderson tells you how not to be a victim.

Shirley Alvarez made a career out of serving her country in the military.

But after she got back from her last stint overseas in Korea, she says she got a nasty surprise.

"They told me I missed a mortgage payment," she said.

She says that was virtually impossible because the military paid her mortgage like clockwork.

When she finally talked to a representative at Countrywide Mortgage, they told her company records indicated she had been late on every payment for eight years.

"I'm looking at seven or eight thousand dollars in late fees."

Not to mention thousands of dollars in other miscellaneous fees. Shirley's attorneys eventually advised her to sell her house. In the process she says she lost a lot of money and her comfort zone.

"I haven't lived in an apartment for 30 years," she said.

Shirley isn't the only who feels like she got shammed.

"I send them in by money order...that way I have my receipt," Chris Williams told 12 On Your Side.

Chris has been paying her mortgage that way for years. She and her husband did get behind on their payments, but then she made six straight double payments of more than $800 each to get caught up. To her surprise, EMC Mortgage told her they never got the extra money...even though it was sent in by money order.

"They're not returning my money, but yet they say I'm behind on my house."

How much is she behind? EMC tells her she owes more than $11,000. She knows she was late a few times...but that's a lot of late fees.

If she can't pay it, she may lose her house.

As of now, neither accusation has been proven in court. 12 On Your Side is talking with both mortgage companies about these problems, looking for a resolution.

You may wonder how this could happen...but several websites have pages and pages of complaints about these sorts of practices.

In 2003, mortgage company Fairbanks Capital settled with the Federal Trade Commission for $40 million. The company was charged with, among other things, levying illegal late fees and other unauthorized fees.

Shirley and Chris' attorney, Angie McElroy, has been dealing with these types of cases for years. She says even though these are big powerful companies, you do stand a chance to set things right.

"They're pretty good if you call them on it," she said. "A lot of times mortgage companies will settle."

That's just what Shirley asked McElroy to do...and the first step is a 40 page legal complaint. The goal is to get Shirley's money back--money she feels was deceptively taken from her.

"Big time...cheated, abused, feel like I been raked through the coals," she said.

There are ways to protect yourself.

Every year, ask for a transaction history from your mortgage company, not a payment history. A transaction history will have all the fees.

Countrywide said this about Shirley's mortgage:

Countrywide deeply regrets this issue was not resolved in a timely manner.

When Ms. Alvarez's situation was brought to our attention, we took immediate action to rectify the situation. The late fees in question will be immediately refunded.

But they didn't have Ms. Alvarez's contact information. They wanted it from us.

Ms. Alvarez tells 12 On Your Side she doesn't want to talk to them.

Her attorney says she should get about $6000 in refunds.

After 12 On Your Side looked into the complaints, EMC Mortgage representatives say the extra charges on Chris Williams' home were a mistake and will make things right.

That will save her $11,496.

Adding both of those to our 12 On Your Side cash register, we've gotten $200,460 back for you.

More Stories
Aiken buying Crosland Park homes

Update-Delegation confirms choice of Cedric Johnson

Family and Friends Community CPR Training continues

SC man facing Maserati murder expected in court

FDA approves cancer treatment for dogs

Sources tell AP: Barnes to run again for Ga. gov

SC economy grew in 2008, despite recession

FEMA may put storm victims in foreclosed homes

On Your Side: Mortgage Fraud

jeff.anderson@wrdw.com

Quote 0 0
4 Justice Now
Stephen,

I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner. Will you be out there tomorrow (June 4th) ? Please let me know the time and I'll stop by to say hello and take some photos.

V/r,

4J
Quote 0 0
Stephen

Absolutely.  I'll be there from about 7:00a.m. to 10:00.

Quote 0 0
Sara
Stephen,

I have to disagree with you on just the local coverage.  Everyone needs all and any coverage they can get!  It is about getting the word out to anyone who will listen.

And they were willing to give you money to go away?  Ha!  Tell them they don't have enough effin money!!!  Except I would be using the "F" word!!!  The nerve of some people! 

And for the cops, they need to be thinking really hard...they aren't immune from this crap themselves...

Well, good luck you two!!!  Let us know what happens

S
Quote 0 0
Sara
Oh and while I am on a roll...don't forget to pass along the website of LivingLies to those fools at the courthouse that are giving you the finger.  They will be next on the servicer's screw over list.

It's just a matter of time...

S
Quote 0 0
Courthouse Protest

Stephen wrote:
Starting tomorrow, I will be picketing in front of the San Diego County Courthouse, carrying a sign stating the following:

"Judge John Meyer, Dept. 61

Predatory lender's best friend"

I am also having my van lettered with the same message on both sides.

It's cheap and we're way overdue to go after the judges that facilitate mortgage fraud and protect the racketeers.

Click image for larger version - Name: Court_house_protest_June_3_and_4th_2009.jpg, Views: 178, Size: 45.79 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Courthouse_Protest_June_3_and_4th_Bad_Judges.jpg, Views: 177, Size: 85.74 KB
Quote 0 0

You Sir are a true Patriot!

Quote 0 0
Sara
Wonderful pic!!!  I love seeing the dogs too. 

So many people need to see this!  I hope you weren't alone since it's not just you that feels this way,

The sad thing is so many people are getting screwed over and don't even realize it!  Just like the old couple before me who were losing there home.  I mean, who in the hell gives a couple on Social Security an adjustable rate mortgage?  Equity One/Popular Mortgage, that's who!  They are creepy gold digging people who set this old couple (who are in there late 70's/early 80's) up to be screwed over from the beginning.  This couple didn't even realize they were being used.  I was so ticked off by that one!!! 

S
Quote 0 0
Stephen
Update today.  2 attorneys and their clients came up to me today, both clients are CWide victims and they are very familiar with this site.  I handed them a lot of information about Fraud Upon The Court and false foreclosures they didn't have and a number of other passersby asked me what it was all about.

A sherriff's deputy came out today and asked my what and why I was protesting and I told him and he politely reminded me not to block the sidewalk, and that was it.  He did hint that the media does drive by frequently, but I told him I won't talk to local media.  "When Katie Couric" shows up, I'll present my case.

Bottom line, folks, it's getting a lot of attention.  Moles from the courthouse and coming out and playing dumb to pick my brain to find out what I want, obviously sent out by the judge I plan to send to prison.

I spend a good deal of my time right next to the entrance to the parking garage early in the morning where the judges drive in in their opulent vehicles and can't ignore me.

Time to take the next step folks.  As I just told Sarah, you're not going to win this war in your living rooms.  I'd like to see courthouses picketed nationwide to expose them as the fraud farms that they are.s
Quote 0 0
4 Justice Now
Stephen,

Unfortunately and unexpectedly, I needed to take my 80 year old Aunt to the hospital this morning, so I wasn't able to stop by as I had planned. I will drive by in the morning just in case you happen to be out there again. 

You should be very proud of the action you are taking, for what its worth... I certainly am.  

Thanks!

4J 
Quote 0 0
Stephen

I'll be there by 8.

Quote 0 0
Sara
I sure wish I lived on the left coast.  I would be there!

Good luck guys!

S
Quote 0 0
Stephen

You can do the same on the right coast.

Quote 0 0
4 Justice Now
Stephen,

Wow, do I feel like a real dope. Even though your post was quite clear and I certainly should have know better... for some odd and obtuse reason I had convinced myself that you were at the San Diego County Administration Building on Pacific Highway. 

Once, I returned home, about an hour ago (around 4:00), I looked at the photos and then read your post again. I then realized my truly bizarre blunder. Since, there are no judges in that building the security guards must have thought I was simply out of my tree. I'll be calling you shortly.

V/r,

4J
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...