Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Hi,

I have been making my payments all on time for over a year, when 2 weeks before my next Jan payment was due, I was hit with a statement telling me that I owe an additional $900 a month due to an impound shortage.  Obviously I was taken back.  Upon research, it came to my attention that the shortage was due to the omission in the loan docs of a special assessment tax. 

Mine was an FHA first time buyer loan.  Per the HUD statement, it states that all taxes must be listed and  impounded for 8 months.  When listing the taxes, they only listed the property and the amount to be impounded.  They had all of the documents
showing the special taxes, but apparently missed it. 

Have any of you heard anything remotely like this?     Any advice would be appreciated. 

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...