Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
FnDoomed
New Hampshire has "theft by deception" on the books as NH RSA 637:4.

I've always said that Chase was trying to "steal my house through foreclosure" due to the slick way they discourage one away from borrowing family and friends, and into their endless loan mod frauds and increasing defaults.   I'm already looking at the NH unfair trade practices stuff. 

Then I found something class A felony to say about them:

637:4 Theft by Deception. –
    I. A person commits theft if he obtains or exercises control over property of another by deception and with a purpose to deprive him thereof.
    II. For the purposes of this section, deception occurs when a person purposely:
       (a) Creates or reinforces an impression which is false and which that person does not believe to be true, including false impressions as to law, value, knowledge, opinion, intention or other state of mind. Provided, however, that an intention not to perform a promise, or knowledge that it will not be performed, shall not be inferred from the fact alone that the promise was not performed; or
       (b) Fails to correct a false impression which he previously had created or reinforced and which he did not believe to be true, or which he knows to be influencing another to whom he stands in a fiduciary or confidential relationship; or [...snip...]

Thinking back on my short time in these group(s) I can't recall anybody trying a criminal approach.  Is that because the idea is stupid, or already tried and failed or what ?

comments?

Quote 0 0
Save for a couple of civil processes there are virtually no laws you and I as average citizens can have someone prosecuted for, besides going to the AG or DA of your area and they choose to prosecute what you report to them, by starting a civil lawsuit.

18 U.S.C. 371 is one of the few processes that is civil criminal and can be reported and started in a suit by the average citizen. Mentioning the criminality of particular actions and deeds by the plaintiffs I do recommend, as there should be prosecutions of those behaviors and actions, no one will notice unless you point it out for sure let alone prosecute.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...