Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

Not only have I been working on Homeq but I also went back to The Mortgage Store who originated this mess we are in.  I think that they are part of this scam and my loan was a predatory loan. 

I have been trying to get them to refi our loan in the new FHA program or refi to help us get out of the mess that they got us into. 

The CEO sent me an email stating they would do nothing for us.  He was very nasty stating that if I posted anything about them on any site he would reply with information on us about why they would not do anything.  I don't care if he replies but is it not against HIPPA for them to write anything personal about us?  Like our scores or anything that would be on our credit report?

Thanks again for your help.

Quote 0 0
Moose

Linda wrote:
Not only have I been working on Homeq but I also went back to The Mortgage Store who originated this mess we are in.  I think that they are part of this scam and my loan was a predatory loan.  I have been trying to get them to refi our loan in the new FHA program or refi to help us get out of the mess that they got us into.  The CEO sent me an email stating they would do nothing for us.  He was very nasty stating that if I posted anything about them on any site he would reply with information on us about why they would not do anything.  I don't care if he replies but is it not against HIPPA for them to write anything personal about us?  Like our scores or anything that would be on our credit report?

Thanks again for your help.

Sorry, HIPAA has nothing to do with mortgages. And I'm pretty sure he'd be very careful about what he posts.  As to their publicizing their reasoning for not helping, there are plenty of ways for them to explain that without crossing any legal lines, i.e., mentioning credit scores - which would be a problem.

The real reason they can't/won't help is unless you bring suit against them for some loan origination violation, they having nothing to do with your loan anymore. It's like the grenade business - no returns. Whether it explodes or not isn't their problem.

If the loan was in violation of TILA or RESPA (or even some other state regulation) and it wasn't too long ago, you may still have a potential action agasint them.  You need to talk to an attorney who really understands those issues to find out.  Many loans have one or more small, medium and large "errors."

Moose
Quote 0 0
arkygirl
HomEq used to be The Money Store, not The Mortgage Store. The Money Store became HomEq which was owned by Wachovia until 2006.

In June 2006 Barclay's Bank PLC bought HomEq Servicing from Wachovia. As far as I know Barclay's is still holding this hot potato, but you may want to check that.

HIPPA Laws cover medical services, insurance and other medical industry providers. I don't think anything in HIPPA would stop anyone from posting things about you.

Every financial provider has guidelines that warn against such silliness. To openly post anything about you anywhere on the Internet would certainly expose any financial services provider to massive litigation. I think this is an empty threat, personally, but there are weirdos in any system you can think of.

You need to write a letter to Barclay's concerning your situation. Send it right to the CEO of Barclay's; sounds like they have a renegade at HomEq making threats. Send printouts of the emails. Good luck.
Quote 0 0
Digger
Linda,

Authorities are warning of yet another scam targeting online loan applicants. This time it's an advance fee loan scheme involving MortgageTree Lending, a company that is finding plenty of victims online.

Link to article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/25/AR2007102501547.html 
Quote 0 0

I am actually talking about The Mortgage Store, they are still in business.  I believe they are a predatory lender.  The CEO of the Mortgage Store is the one making threats to me via email that he will post personal information from my credit report if I write anything about them on ripoffreport.com.  So now I have a fight with both them and Homeq.  I know that Homeq is owned by Barclays and I have sent emails to both the CEO and Chief Financial officer of Homeq and the CEO of Barclays only to receive a letter from their attorney stating I could only talk to him because he considers us in litigation.  But I am not sure what we are litigating as of yet.  I am looking for an attorney however seem to be hitting brick walls as it seem these Law Firms are all representing the bad guys - the Mortgage services.  Anyway I think tomorrow -when I am less stressed over all of this I will post to you all and ripoffreport about The Mortgage Store.  So I have some not so good things on my credit report but some things are beyond your control such as nasty divorces. But the mortgage store did not take the time to find out what those few things were about.  On top of that 2 years ago when they gave us this wonderful loan they took my thousands of dollars and ran.  They were very connected with Decision One who went bankrupt in September.

Quote 0 0
Moose
Linda, I hate to say this, but from years of experience (and not from a legal advice perspective) you are attempting what one noted blogger used to call a "do-it-yourself vasectomy."

The more you tell them and the rest of the world the worse this will end up.

Get professional help and don't say anything more on any forum. THEY WILL USE IT AGAINST YOU and public relations from Internet forums is the least of their worries.

Again - not legal advice but an attorney will very likely tell you to keep quiet because you're only providing your enemy with ammunition.

Moose

Quote 0 0
arkygirl
Oops, my bad. ml-implode has them listed as imploded as of last month.

Update, Sept 12, 2007: A number of people have written in to confirm TMSF's "implosion". Apparently lending has halted and there is not much staff left. Here is a sample:

I can also Confirm that the Mortgage Store has infact Imploded, and should be moved from the "ailing" to "imploded" list. As a Former Employee, I can tell you they were doing close to 200 million a month in fundings at their peak as well as loans in most states (I want to say 46 states or so). Towards the end, they were funding loans only in CA, and had a Skeleton crew of employees. TMS was notorious for "firing" everyone they let go, even though everyone knew it was a layoff, and likely were in violation of the WARN act (I will be investigating that matter). They relocated from 4 Floors in a downtown Los Angeles High Rise, to a much smaller area a couple Blocks away. They then fired their last remaining Operations Employees and I it is my understanding they have relocated yet again, and will, or have reversed back to being a Broker Operation.

As the tip points out, they may continue as a broker operation, but as a lender, are done.

http://ml-implode.com/imploded/lender_TheMortgageStoreFinancial_2007-09-12.html

If this is true, it may be that the CEO feels he doesn't have much to lose by being an a$$.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...