Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Sad..very sad
This article is about a women who took her life on the day her house was being sold after the foreclosure; and the newspaper doesn't name the mortgage company....why do you think that is?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080723/ap_on_re_us/foreclosure_suicide_2;_ylt=AkA08443EuEAjOe2a2HvE1UGw_IE
Quote 0 0
4 justice now
How incredibly sad!

The poor Woman's suicide note to her Husband and Son, said among other things: "Take the (life) insurance money and pay for the house".

I certainly hope it's not true in this circumstance, but I would guess that because she took her own life the insurance company would deny the claim. 

They should investigate the circumstances of the foreclosure... and if they happen to find anything fraudulent or unjust at all, they should file conspiracy to commit murder charges against those responsible.

IMHO,

May her poor tormented soul rest in peace.

R,

4J
Quote 0 0
Harmon involved
7/22/2008 5:00 PM
103 Duffy Drive, Taunton, Massachusetts
County:Bristol (Northern) Book:11218 Page:103
Notes:

Cancelled
7/23/2008 5:00 PM
103 Duffy Drive, Taunton, Massachusetts
County:Bristol (Northern) Book:11218 Page:103
Notes:

Online public foreclosure notice info has apparently been pulled further concealing note holder and law firm identities. If Commonwealth Auctions has the FC auction then, as owner of Commonwealth, Mark Harmon is involved as is Ira Tarlin. If Harmon and Commonwealth are involved in the auction, Harmon Law Offices may likewise be involved in the FC action.
Quote 0 0
God, this is awful.

I wonder what the circumstances are that lead to the foreclosure.

Was it legit or something the predators cooked up to get the house?

If the foreclosure was  not 100% legit that servicer would be looking down
the barrel of my wrongful death lawsuit.

Let's hope a good samaritan lawyer offers help to the family.

Dee

Quote 0 0
Ohio
This is so horrible.

The emotional torture this woman must have been going through...the thought of it makes my heart hurt.

This is the thrid situation of the other spouse not knowing I'm aware of..... My spouse kept it from me for months, my niece kept it from her husband and now this poor woman.

I found out in time...

Anyone trying to "fix" things on their own....PLEASE talk to your spouse. My husband thought I'd be livid. He thought I'd leave him. He felt shame and dread everyday of his life and the thought of me finding out only made it worse. Had he failed, I know he wouldn't have been able to face me and our 3 kids...I could have walked into a suicide scene as a result.

I wasn't mad (at him). I didn't leave him. The matter at hand was putting a halt to the bull$hit and keeping the house.

What I DID feel after I looked at all the papers and canceled checks and letters he had written and the way he was jerked around for months I felt so sorry for him that he endured that abuse alone.

Don't try to do this on your own...please confide in your partner. It could make ALL the difference in the world. Even if you feel it is your fault...gambling problem...shopping addiction...TELL SOMEONE. Reach for help...not a high powered rifle.
Quote 0 0
Harmon confirmed
per The Boston Globe
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/07/24/the_anguish_of_foreclosure/#%23

Quote:

The mortgage company, PHH Corp. of Mount Laurel, N.J., did not respond to requests for comment. Harmon Law Offices PC in Newton, which represents PHH, released a statement saying that because of confidentiality and privacy laws, the firm could not discuss specifics of the foreclosure.

"We're shocked and saddened by what has occurred," the statement said. "Our deepest sympathies go out to the family for the terrible loss it has suffered."

Quote 0 0
O -

That sounds like the Crooks lawyers Mike's fighting.

Harmon confirmed wrote:
per The Boston Globe
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/07/24/the_anguish_of_foreclosure/#%23

Quote:

The mortgage company, PHH Corp. of Mount Laurel, N.J., did not respond to requests for comment. Harmon Law Offices PC in Newton, which represents PHH, released a statement saying that because of confidentiality and privacy laws, the firm could not discuss specifics of the foreclosure.

"We're shocked and saddened by what has occurred," the statement said. "Our deepest sympathies go out to the family for the terrible loss it has suffered."

Quote 0 0
?
This is so very sad, and I pray for the husband and son, this poor woman went thru such torment, how could her family ever get over this. Something has to be done quickly about all this, i read about more and more people taking their own lives due to foreclosure, this sickens me and makes me sick in my heart. WAKE UP ALL YOU CROOKS AND GREEDY LENDERS AND SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, Judgement day will come for ALL,

As far as life Ins. I actually called mine to see if taking your own life would still pay out, and they said yes, I myself even prayed at times God take me, at least the ins money would pay half., Stress makes one think of awful things.

God Bless this poor womens soul and let her be at peace now, and she will never have to be afraid again. And give her family the strength to get thru this.

And God bring down your judgement on all these CROOKS.

Quote 0 0

If there was a way to talk to all the people being foreclosed upon (including those who never turn on a computer) we would find out how many think their lives would be better off ended.  Its said but true.  May God bless the family of this person.

Quote 0 0
PHH Mortgage

ABC News
Massachusetts Mother Saw Only One Way Out of Foreclosure on House ...
FOXNews - 4 hours ago
Balderrama, 53, hadn't paid the mortgage on the three-bedroom house she lived in with her husband in 42 months, the Boston Herald reported.
Cops: Signs point to suicide Boston Herald
Foreclosure-Related Suicide: Sign of the Times? ABC News
New York Times - International Herald Tribune - Melbourne Herald Sun
all 433 news articles »

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...