Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Has anyone heard of any studies on Mortgage Fraud being done?

Have there been any polls done involving victims of foreclosure?

It would be intersting to see the statistics of the outcome?

Sara
Quote 0 0
O -

Obama has a team working on this subject. Check out the White House web site. Welcome to the White House 
Quote 0 0
Sara
Thanks, I will go check it out.

It just seems to me like a lot of people who are being foreclosed on are ones who have had a health issue or are disabled.

It will be interesting to see if my theory is true.

Are far as the fraud, I think the "sharks" do it to anyone they think is too stupid to realize it.

S

Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
Many do have, or have had, health issues. That doesn't mean that fraud is absent from the original transactions. Neither does it mean fraud hasn't been involved in any subsequent transactions.

Stupidity isn't required in order to be taken advantage of. A practiced and skilled liar or deceiver can pretty much fool even very bright people. Houdini, David Copperfield, Pen and Teller - these guys fool hundreds of people at a time, and many of the people watching are trying hard not to be fooled.

Having been tricked is not something anyone should feel they need to take responsibility for. You trusted the person handing you the pen saying "Sign here" because he told you that you could/should. Also because there are laws that say he is required to act with a fiduciary duty in respect to you.

If you have been fooled there is no need to feel bad. Instead figure out who and how and then go get'em.

Quote 0 0
Nye Lavalle
http://livinglies.wordpress.com/2008/05/15/mortgage-meltdown-revealed-in-harvard-study/

there are many check google scholar
Quote 0 0
Sara
Thanks Nye.  This one from Harvard has a lot of great information.

Sara
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...