Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
fight for your rights

Anybody gotten stuck paying the banks attorney fees?

I just read a case where the homeowners represented themselves and the judge awarded the banks $2000. Another case, the homeowner had an attorney and they had to pay $21,000 in attorney fees.

That is enough to give one heart palpatations.

Thoughts?

Quote 0 0
Sharon
Ha, ha.  My terrible lawyer got sanctioned for attorney fees but we didn't have to pay.  He didn't either because he was in bankruptcy so they had to pay attorney fees for filing the motion for sanctions.  [crazy]

Keep in mind that just because they ask doesn't mean they are going to get it.  Most in fact do ask but not many get their wish. 
Sharon
Quote 0 0
texas
Sanctions and an Order Granting Legal fees two distinct situations.
Quote 0 0
Sharon
Oh good Lord I'm not a lawyer.  The lawyer in my case WAS sanctioned and the Defendant WAS awarded attorney fees. I did not have to pay though because I wrote the Response to the Motion for Sanctions and it was the only part of the entire complaint that had merit and enough detail to stand alone.  However it wasn't in the complaint so the case was dismissed WITHOUT PREJUDICE. 

We have filed an Amended Complaint.  My previous lawyer was incompetent but he was also sick and broke.  He was in his 70s and probably senile too. 

I have a policy of never going after someone on the right side of the issues.  He was on the right side of the issues so I didn't file a complaint with the board that regulates attorneys.  I have too many other battles to fight; that is fighting the bad guys. 

How is your case going Texas?
Sharon
Quote 0 0
texas
Sharon, the banks lawyer operate as a machine without emotion, as to how a Texas case is going, will update on May 29, 2014.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...