Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Adam
Found this (actually think it was on the front page of MSFraud.org)

http://mattweidnerlaw.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Gardner-200-Signs-You-Have-False-Documents.pdf

One of the items listed to determine whether a doc is falsified speaks of a barcode on the document...

Can someone detail why that would be a sign that it is a falsified document?

TIA

YIC

Adam

Quote 0 0
Angelo
I would also like to know the bar code issue, I have a copy of my mortgage that was used as a exibit in a previous foreclosure complaint back in 2005 that didn't have any markings. 

In 2010 I did a QWR to my servicer and there is a bar code and all kinds of writings about the trust its allegedly in, The problem is the trust had a closing date of 2002.
Quote 0 0
Angelo wrote:
I would also like to know the bar code issue, I have a copy of my mortgage that was used as a exibit in a previous foreclosure complaint back in 2005 that didn't have any markings. 

In 2010 I did a QWR to my servicer and there is a bar code and all kinds of writings about the trust its allegedly in, The problem is the trust had a closing date of 2002.

was your exhibit a recorded copy? and was the other copy a recorded copy?

you can't alter a legal document and then attempt to use it as evidence ...

Quote 0 0
William A. Roper, Jr.
Quote:
Can someone detail why that would be a sign that it is a falsified document?

Adam:

Even at the height of the subprime mortgage frenzy, mortgage originators, mortgage closing departments, closing agents (including title insurers) and those involved in securitization rarely used bar codes on instruments for document identification and control.

By contrast, a number of the foreclosure mill law firms routinely use bar coding to track and manage various documents in the foreclosure process.  Contract forgers and perjurers emplyed by the servicers to manage foreclosures also use bar coding either in conjunction with or independent of the foreclosure mill law firms.

It is not at all unusual for the purported mortgage investor to arrange for the fabrication of an assignment or other forged and fabricated documents for use in the foreclosure action immediately prior to or after commencement of suit.

Accordingly, the appearance of such a bar code is often an indicator that the document was fabricated solely for use as false evidence in a foreclosure case.  But there is nothing about a bar code which is either inherently sinister in itself OR which directly proves the fact of fabrication or forgery. 

It could probably be accurately said that the presence of a bar code is highly correlated with forged or fabricated documents, but bar coding doesn't directly prove the document to be a forgery. 

An experienced expert witness can probably help in the identification of such forgeries.

There are a variety of other indicia that also tend to suggest forgery.  At one time, one one of the most telling indication was authentication by a notary in Dakota County, Minnesota.  Similarly foreclosure-related documents executed in Alpharetta County, Georgia, are almost ALL forgeries.  
Quote 0 0
Angelo
Bill

So whats your take on this situation: A copy of the mortgage that was attatched to the summons and complaint in 2005 had no marking on its face whatsoever. Then in 2010 a qwr produced a copy of the mortgage from the servicer that looked totally different from the one plead in 2005.  Mind you it was the same servicer all this time.

Can one use this as evidence that there was an inherent change to the document in those 4 years.   
Quote 0 0

Angelo wrote:
Bill

So whats your take on this situation: A copy of the mortgage that was attatched to the summons and complaint in 2005 had no marking on its face whatsoever. Then in 2010 a qwr produced a copy of the mortgage from the servicer that looked totally different from the one plead in 2005.  Mind you it was the same servicer all this time.

Can one use this as evidence that there was an inherent change to the document in those 4 years.   

can you blackout the name and post a copy of the 2 documents?
Quote 0 0
Sandy
What information would be found in the bar code for tracking mortgage documents?

My sister just showed me her iPhone app that reads bar codes and does her electronic inventory updating.
Quote 0 0
Angelo:  Please contact me directly ASAP.  Thanks.
Quote 0 0
Angelo wrote:

Here are the 2 mortgages

I only saw the one image, but it appears this was not a copy of the recorded mortgage .. have you gotten a copy from the probate court?
Quote 0 0
MSF Admin
Angelo.  To protect your privacy, we took down your image because you can read the redacted part when you magnify the image.  Perhaps you can fix it and repost.  MSF
Quote 0 0
Angelo

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Quote 0 0
Adam
William...

Thanks for the info... Still gathering... I am fascinated by the lengths that these people have gone to lie, cheat and steal..

On another note, Alpharetta, Ga is a city, a northern suburb of Atlanta... It is not a county, it is in the same county as Atlanta, ie Fulton county....

YIC

Adam

Quote 0 0
KREAD1
Hi,
Same thing happen to me, and when I asked BOA in the form of a QWR they ignored me. I looked at the docs closely as they shrinked the page, I think I know why, where the bar code was changed, original had a different number, someone did their best, but faltered at forgering my initials. I don't think they knew I had the previous foreclosure complaint docs.  To date no one has responded to my QWR and it's long since their legal time limit.

Quote 0 0
KemmyRose
Hi,  My wife just showed me her iPhone app that reads bar codes and does her electronic inventory updating. What information would be found in the bar code for tracking mortgage documents?

solicitors wollongong

Quote 0 0
MSF Moderator
I see Roper answered the original question, so here is another related question.  

The link below involves a robo-signed document that appears to have been re-signed by the true person, robo-signor Beverly Mitrisin.  We received these this morning from a former judge.  These documents raise the following questions and more:

Is this legal to do?  
Does the original robo-signature void the instrument? 
The signatures are not notarized. 
If the document can still be found to be fabricated, has the robo-signor just committed another act of forgery, plus conspiracy and obstruction of justice, etc.? 
The Trust is not identified.

The last sale lists MERS as the mortgagee and Midland Mortgage as the servicer. 

The documents contain what appears to be Foreclosure-Mill Barrett-Burke's bar-code.

You can view all four Substitute Trustee Sales at:
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...