Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
I have been in a fight for almost 3 years now with Suntrust Mortgage. I thought we were negotiating a Deed in Lieu and then got notice of another foreclosure. The foreclosure date was set for 12-14. Then on Nov 28th I got a letter that Suntrust sold our mortgage to Select Portfolio as of 11-30. They also said never to call them again as after the 30th they were not our lender.

Now I read that SP is just a servicer not a mortgage company or lender? Yet that is what Suntrust called them?

Anyway I called SP and they said it would take 2 weeks to register the exchange of the loan etc and that the foreclosure date would be withdrawn. They said they would like to offer us a cash for keys but that they couldn't really discuss it with us until Jan. The date was withdrawn as they said it would be.

I got to Googling this new to me company and my heart fell reading all the complaints. I am so exhausted with this entire process that I just about cannot take anymore.

Is their cash for keys program real or another scam? Anyone know? '

Thanks in advance

Kay
Quote 0 0
DB
DB

Kay...find an attorney imediately...have been battling them for the past year.
As per Respa, send a QWR right away.
Also, you can file a complaint with the CFPD...they are very responsive.

Demand they prove they own your debt in writing.

Owned by Credit Suisse who is curently being sued for millions for the mishandling of mortgage backed securities.

Do not give them your home...they do not own it.
Quote 0 0
Thanks for your reply DB.

I just read over a few of those and I will print it and mail it.

To date I have not received any paperwork at all from SP. I really have no clue at this point who actually owns my mortgage etc.

I did file for the mortgage review a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately when I first got the letter to apply last year Suntrust told me I could not file since the mortgage didn't actually foreclose. I am really kicking myself for ever listening to them as now I know the foreclosure didn't have to actually go through to file.

I called an attorney some months ago and he said it was too late. I called a second one and they wanted 5000.00 upfront. I just do not have access to that kind of money.

Sometimes I think the nightmare will never end.

Kay
Quote 0 0
I forgot to ask what is CFPD? I goggled it but couldn't find it.

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Texas
I think it should have been

CFPB > Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/
Quote 0 0
DB
so sorry...correct...CFPB.

They are investigating SPS. Be extremely careful when looking for an attorney.
Have you checked your land record...have they recorded assignment? Be sure to get a copy.

Is MERS on your mortgage? If so go to MERS website and check to see who owns your loan as well as who the 'investor' is.

Remember, this a shell game...check foreclosurehamlet.com for a wealth of info.

Go directly to ombudsman department...the customer service rep's have little to no experience in handling mortgages.
Quote 0 0
Hi-do not take cash for keys. They will make you sign a document basically saying you won't sue them or ever be part of any litigation. Not sure what state you are in, but one key question when looking for a lawyer is to ask if they represent any banks(or their firm). I would check with your local bar association or center for justice because you may be able to get pro bono attorney or at least one within your means.
Quote 0 0
Hi Kay,
I have read your comments about SunTrust Mortgage who was my lender for 6 years as well
since I bought my home.  I was given a 3 month Trial Payment Plan from Oct-December and
was notified towards the end of November that SunTrust had sold off my loan to SPS.  What's
going on is the fact that SunTrust was recently apart of the billion dollar lawsuit for fraudulent
practices against homeowner which included foreclosure scams etc.  Therefore any of their
customers who were notified by the Independent Foreclosure Review about the lawsuit that
was underway in 2012-SunTrust apparently sold off a bunch of loans to clear their portfolio
of anymore pending lawsuits underway.  However, they are not cleared for their wrongdoing
by any means, because alot of us out here are fighting against these unlawful practices and
hopefully SunTrust Mortgage will eventually lose their licensing as a mortgage company if
enough charges continue against them.  SunTrust sold my home to SPS during the same time
as yours and I have filed a complaint with the Federal Reserve & a number of other agencies.

I'm soon scheduled to be in court as well over the matter to block the transfer of my loan
to SPS who are indeed crooks. It's obvious by all of the complaints that have been filed
online with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau again them.  I am gathering a list of
names & contact information to give to any attorneys that are working on another class
action lawsuit against SunTrust & if you'd like for me to pass on your information as well
you can feel free to email me at dddsgrayerbus@yahoo.com. I also recently saw that someone
has set up a Facebook page called Homeowners Against Mortgage Servicing Fraud for
people  to network and find attorneys to help them.
Quote 0 0
Steve
Quote:
I'm soon scheduled to be in court as well over the matter to block the transfer of my loan to SPS who are indeed crooks. It's obvious by all of the complaints that have been filed online with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau again them. I am gathering a list of names & contact information to give to any attorneys that are working on another class action lawsuit against SunTrust & if you'd like for me to pass on your information as well you can feel free to email me at dddsgrayerbus@yahoo.com. I also recently saw that someone has set up a Facebook page called Homeowners Against Mortgage Servicing Fraud for people to network and find attorneys to help them.

So now Sharon is posting under a new screen name and has come out of the closet to begin directly promoting her scam! Another day, another swindle. Good grief!
Quote 0 0
Sp. If we walked away from the home we were in 2015 Northport fl they would pay us 6,000 and pay our moving expenses we left the keys and did not contest and moved they never paid us or helped us pay for the moving expenses
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...