Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Army Staff Sgt.

Seizing of homes too easy in Md.
Baltimore Sun, United States - 3 hours ago
Army Staff Sgt. Kevin Atiase was serving his country at Fort Sam Houston, Texas, when a mortgage company sold his Frederick house in a foreclosure ...

Quote 0 0
That's outrageous that they would foreclose on a service members home. This should be a violation of the soldiers and sailors act which also protects the homes of family members. A Jag should have represented him.
Quote 0 0

I have e-mailed this soldier through the Army's AKO service.  Hopefully, his attorney will contact me!  I proposed to wager him a cup of coffee that I could find some fraudulent representations by the mortgage servicer in his foreclosure.  In fact, I offered him ODDS (my two cups of coffee to his one).  

Quote 0 0
Thank's Mr. Roper the least we can do for soldiers willing to die to protect our freedom is protect their homes while they are gone.
Quote 0 0
Bill, I'm hoping that JAG is a heck of a lot sharper than civilian attys in general but I'll bet you get your coffee and then some. I looked at a soldier's case up here that didn't sound right when it was publicized in the media. Pulled the case filing, researched the title, the whole nine yards. Found out that not only had the atty only filed something like three charges (negligence, SSRA violations, and one other) but the atty had literally named the WRONG entity as the note holder. I mean the wrong COMPANY. Like naming McDonald's instead of In and Out Burger wrong.

I'm sure the atty was surprised and a little bit PO'd when he got the e-mail from me out of the blue telling him he had screwed up. But what really had me shaking my head was that the same firm had turned me down for representation a few years before this incident. Looking back, I should thank them for that I guess...
Quote 0 0
You did the right thing Mike from the perspective of helping a serviceman and confronting a lawyer that presented a lame half-hearted defense.

These judges rubber stamp these foreclosures in part because lawyers representing or allegedly representing the borrower roll over in court and set a bad precedent.

My personal experience has shown the judges to be biased and protective of the financial services in the first place and weak representation can only reinforce the judges opinion.
Quote 0 0

Bill, forget the coffee, I'll buy dinner, and meet with them for help!  Just let me know when and where if you by chance talk with him.  I'm betting with you about the fraud. I'm as outraged as anyone. 

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...