Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
JH
The robosigner story while shocking and egregious, has been look at by some judges as "yesterday's news."  Homeowners will be sorely disappointed to present this to a judge and believe that he will rule in favor for you. 

It is what you do with  the "crime scene" evidence that matters.  You must check with the Secretary of State in the county where the notary purportedly notarized the document and find out what requirements a notary must adhere to in order to have a valid notarization.  Are they required to maintain a journal?  If so, you demand to view it.  

You MUST make a formal complaint against the notary with the Secretary of State.  The SOS can then make a determination and revoke their commission.  You can then tell the judge that the SOS (an authority even higher then him) declared the notary improper and the banksters can no longer rely on their affidavits.  Oops!  Now you are cooking with gasoline!    

Also, you must keep the robosigning in perspective.  I have seen a case in CA involving California Reconveyance where the notary (Jessica Sneeden) forged the officer's name.  Their attorney stated that California law does not forbid notaries from signing the name of someone on their staff (!) as the notary placed here initials near their freshly forged signature.  Weird!   Needless to say, the notary ended up being rewarded for their courageous service and was promoted to Assistant Secretary of CA Reconveyance.   I have seen this promotion of notaries to officer position several times (Chase Home Finance comes to mind--Sanela Alagic).  Call your SOS and find out how to take action.  You can go after the notary's bond and insurance too.  

Dig further and find out who the notary works for.  Are they in-house? Do they have the same mailing address (see the state website or call the SOS for this) as the bank or the bank's attorney?    

The robosigning is just one proof of fraud, but should not be considered the silver bullet as this bullet is old hat!
Quote 0 0
Bill
I'm not quite sure it's an "old hat" but I agree that just because someone is a robosigner will NOT automatically give LESS validity to any document they sign.  Consider this:

I am a robosigner.  I do this because this is the way it's always been done and because that is the way I was taught.  I get deposed and exposed as a robosigner.  I receive 5 days of training on how to properly "verify" the information I'm swearing to.  I am NOW properly executing affidavits.  I sign a proper affidavit based on my personal knowledge.  How is this invalid? Is it invalid because in documents NOT related to your case I made a mistake and did not do it properly? 

In alternative, I am not a robosigner, but because the robosigner is sick, I just sign ONE affidavit this month for your case.  I did NOT receive the 5 days of training because I'm not involved in executing affidavits usually.  I'm just trying to help out the lawyers.  I don't read the affidavit at all, if the attorney gives it to me it must be correct. 

Which affidavit is clearly inadmissible?

Running down information and signatures of robosigners is a waste of time.  The judges are less concerned with what people did in other unrelated cases.  He is concerned with what is going on with the case at bar.  You would need to depose the "robosigner" and SHOW that they did not properly execute the document that is involved in YOUR case. 

Rather than spending time chasing the white rabbit into the rabbit hole, it may be a far more useful to spend your time learning the rules of evidence, the local rules, statues of fraud, and cases as they pertain to the execution of affidavits.  ANY robosigned document can be challenged on it's deficiencies.  I have yet to see ANY affidavit that is completely admissible and did not have portions that the judge should strike.  It doesn't matter who signs it. 

Mr. Roper was a big fan of JH's idea of requesting a copy of the notary's book that they are required to maintain (and failed to maintain).  When they did not provide the copies, file a complaint.  The notary can, and have, had their commission revoked if they receive a few unrelated complaints. 

Quote 0 0
Floridapathy

Bill wrote:
The notary can, and have, had their commission revoked if they receive a few unrelated complaints. 

This is good advice, the former however, concerning deposition of the false notory or authorized officer.... 

Isn't it a case of pretending to be an officer of a corporation? Florida statutes prohibit that, infact, I believe it is a felony.

Did you notice the recent case headlined here on MSFraud, about the individual who dually authorized and notorized a forged transfer of ownership interest of a foreclosed property to himself?   He was/is being criminally prosecuted correct?

I can request deposition of the notary, but the the person whom signed the two signatures claiming to be officers of the corporation for the lein satisfaction is not known to me.

Th satisfaction of lien from the refi is the only document I have seen that establishes lender A sold mortgage to lender B. Except, the document is from DocX and forged as noted above. In my opinion, there is no proof that the previous debt was actually purchased and could not have been perfected.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...