Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Hi Everyone,

Wow, let me first say I am lucky to have found this forum! 

My 1st mortgage was funded by Argent Mortgage who sold it to Countrywide after closing.  Unfortunately, I lost my closing documents through no fault of my own and need a second set of them since I am facing foreclosure.  My goal is to have a forensic audit done on the loan.

I've requested the documents from Countrywide and the closing agent and both say all they have is my HUB and Note only.  Seems strange as I would thought Argent would have provided Countrywide a complete copy of my file but apparently they didn't.  Just to make sure, I've sent a RESPA request for my closing records to Countrywide and Citi Residential Lending (they own Argent now).  Do you think I will have any luck?  My loan closed in 2004. 

Any other ideas or suggestions where I can obtain my closing documents?

Please help.
Thanks
Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
If there was a broker involved he/she could be a source, as could the attorney that presided over the closing of the loan.

Any documents or papers that they are not providing to/for you become points of contention. For instance, if they aren't providing a copy of a Truth in Lending Disclosure (TILD) statement then they have opened themselves up to liabilities of TILA violations.

Quote 0 0
Barbie
RESPA is not the answer and the lender is mostly telling you the truth.

Contact the escrow company and ask for the document.  If you do not recall who that was, look at your Promissory Note or Deed of Trust and it should state the name of the title company on those documents.

Tom Vlasic wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I lost my closing documents

I've requested the documents from Countrywide and the closing agent and both say all they have is my HUB and Note only. 

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...