Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
fndoomed
I just wanted to call the group's attention to something, this is especially applicable to you if you've written a QWR.  Maybe this has been discussed, I missed it until a few nights ago.  There are four places where your servicer "shall" do something in response to a QWR, that maybe didn't get done in response to your QWR.

chapter 27 u.s.c. 2605
     (e)Duty of loan servicer to respond to borrower inquiries
        (2) Action with respect to inquiry

Not later than 60 days (excluding legal public holidays, Saturdays, and Sundays) after the receipt from any borrower of any qualified written request under paragraph (1) and, if applicable, before taking any action with respect to the inquiry of the borrower, the servicer shall
(A) make appropriate corrections in the account of the borrower, including the crediting of any late charges or penalties, and transmit to the borrower a written notification of such correction (which shall include the name and telephone number of a representative of the servicer who can provide assistance to the borrower);
(B) after conducting an investigation, provide the borrower with a written explanation or clarification that includes
(i) to the extent applicable, a statement of the reasons for which the servicer believes the account of the borrower is correct as determined by the servicer; and
(ii) the name and telephone number of an individual employed by, or the office or department of, the servicer who can provide assistance to the borrower; or
(C) after conducting an investigation, provide the borrower with a written explanation or clarification that includes
(i) information requested by the borrower or an explanation of why the information requested is unavailable or cannot be obtained by the servicer; and
(ii) the name and telephone number of an individual employed by, or the office or department of, the servicer who can provide assistance to the borrower.

I looked my QWR response over - no "indiviual's" names & phones were provided.  No explainations as to why something I wanted was unavailable - I just got a bunch of blanket statements saying "that information is proprietary or unavailable".  Never said which, let alone why.

Back again...
SIgh...
Quote 0 0
Moose
Without revealing any identifiable information, what questions did you ask?

Moos
Quote 0 0
FnDoomed

I first complained of their loan mod fraud tactics and asked for a copy of the note and a list of debits & credits to my accounts for the life of the loan.  I also asked for several other things, but I'm only complaining about the lack of information usable to verify the debt, the technicalities, and the fact that the note from the QWR response included NO allonge which by definition must be part of the note, was different from the copy of the note submitted as proof of secured claim in my chapter 13 bankruptcy, which DID have an allonge with it.

My case is a little more complicated than most because the note in my BK has an invalid allonge.  The allonge has already been ruled "not enough" by a federal judge and BANK was ordered to come in with "additional documents and an affidavit from a witness competent to testify".  

I converted my BK from a 13 to a 7, which obviated the need to litigate the affidavit, but as to the note and allonge in evidence there - VS the note without an allonge given to me via QWR response, I have gripes...

There will be hearing in state court next month.  I imagine that the affidavit will rear its ugly little head shortly thereafter.  I have no idea what I'll do at that point.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...