Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
I received my response from my second mortgage after writing them a RESPA letter.

I'm not real clear on this. In short they say: "Enclosed are copies of the signed Deed of Trust, as well as the Signature/Name Affidavit indicatng your legal signature is written and typed below. As both documents were signed by the borrower and notarized by ________,Notary Public-Florida, St. Lucie County, indicating the borrower entered into a contractual obligation of debt regarding the loan referenced above."

(At the time of closing there wasn't a notary present.)

Next they write: "All requests for any agreements other than those to which you the borrower is a pary are beyond the scope of the permissible request under a Qualified Written Request. Specialized Loan Servicing (SLS) is acting under authority with the holder of the note to proceed with collection of the note. As a result, SLS will not be providing you with copes of any agreements which you the borrower are not a party.

Please find enclosed the following documents:
Note and Riders
Signature/Name Affidavit
Deed in Trust
Disclosures
Good Faith Estimate
Trugh in Lending
Loan Servicng Disclosure Statement
Uniform Residential Loan Application (1003)
Payment History & Transacton codes list
Sincerely

I now have a question or two for someone....My note is not notarized. Is it supose to be??????

Also, what would I have to  look for to make sure that they followed RESPA Rules????

My original Lender Ownit Mortgage filed for bankruptcy. I know that the note was sold off. There is nothing filed in the county records. Just the orignal mortgage, deed, etc...Nothing has changed since 2006.

Can someone please help me out here?? I would appreciate it.

Quote 0 0
Q
Usually you should look in section 6 and section 8 of RESPA - go to RESPA law and read those sections.
Quote 0 0
This is only a suggestion from the top of  my head.  If the person who had witnessed and notorized your document is very clear - ask him to state in writing that he witnessed your signature on the day he had notorized your papers.  Were anyone else present when you signe??

Sounds like perjury to me if there were witnesses to what really took place
Quote 0 0

I misread your question - my papers were notorized but not in my present and yes they are legal docs - supposed to be notorized - ask any banker or lawyer.  One of the response is correct by referring to RESPA, but you can also ask the internet as well and will get a bunch of feedback on the proper protocol

Quote 0 0
Yes there were other people present. My mortgage broker, my friend and the seller.

I am trying to find ther person who notorized the docs and she no longer works for the company. I know I will find her, it's just a matter of time.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...