Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

http://lasvegassun.com/politics/voterguide/2008/republicans/issues/foreclosures/

Republicans on Foreclosures 

Rudy Giuliani
Giuliani has not spoken extensively on the subject, but has been quoted as saying he opposes the government bailing out homeowners hit by the mortgage crisis because there would be nothing stopping those homeowners from making another mistake. However, he has said he could see the government helping those who were cheated by unethical mortgage lenders. Giuliani says government should take a wider view and concentrate most heavily on strengthening the economy and making the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts permanent. In a related matter, Giuliani has criticized the “FairTax” proposal endorsed by Mike Huckabee because it would eliminate the home mortgage income tax deduction, which has created an incentive for single-family home ownership for decades. . . . more | Other issues | Bio

Mike Huckabee
In response to the Bush administration’s plan to help families in jeopardy of losing their homes in foreclosures by freezing interest rates for some sub-prime borrowers, Huckabee warned Bloomberg Television of a “chilling effect” on lending. Bush’s plan, Huckabee stated, would make those in the lending industry weary of loaning money because they may not get their money back. Huckabee opposes any further action by the president and Congress in combating the issue of mortgages, saying the issue is a market-based one better left without government intervention. Huckabee told NPR that the government bailing out individuals at risk of being unable to pay for their homes once their mortgage loan rates change to a higher rate is not in the best interest of the people. He places the blame on overambitious borrowers and greedy lenders. . . more | Other issues | Bio

Duncan Hunter
Duncan Hunter has not spoken extensively on the mortgage crisis and his campaign Web site does not specifically mention what he might do to curtail the problems of people who face impending foreclosures. However, Hunter has voted against a congressional resolution to regulate the subprime mortgage industry. That resolution was passsed by the House on a 291-127 vote. . . . more | Other issues | Bio

Alan Keyes
Having never served in an elected office, Alan Keyes has not had a chance to voice his opinion on congressional record or vote on any issues regarding subprime mortgages. Similarly, he has not gone on record with any definitive plan or opinion on the mortgage industry. Instead, Keyes focuses generally on how economics should be based on family household management.... more | Other issues | Bio

John McCain
McCain along with other Republican Presidential candidates has been silent about the subprime mortgage crisis, but within the week of Dec. 17, 2007, McCain has opened up about economic issues in general and especially the subprime mortgage crisis, citing increasing numbers of voters voicing concerns about home foreclosures. As reported in The New York Times on Dec. 19, 2007, McCain said he would think about stepping up government action if the current solution didn’t work out. And a News-Press article reported that at a December campaign stop in Fort Meyers, Fla. McCain made mention of the rising rate of foreclosures as well. Without revealing details about his plan, McCain said he would aid those that can’t make their payments and stop rewarding those “speculators.” . . . more | Other issues | Bio

Ron Paul
Ron Paul believes concern over the impending foreclosures on homes is part of a larger issue of the United States’ monetary policy. In a hearing of the U.S. House Financial Services Committee, Paul said he thought politicians should consider the cause of the collapse of the housing bubble. He thinks foreclosure are caused by the excesses made by the Federal Reserve, which should have attempted to find solutions that would only delay recovery by continuing a cycle of inflation and devaluing of the currency. . . . more | Other issues | Bio

Mitt Romney
Romney has said in interviews that he agrees with President Bush’s plan to provide the Federal Housing Administration the power to help some homeowners get their mortgages refinanced at level rates. He said the Federal Reserve’s actions will allow continued activity in the credit markets and keep the subprime mortgage problems from expanding to hurt more of the economy. Romney’s Web site is silent on the mortgage crisis and he has not spoken extensively on the subject. In a related matter, TheStreet.com’s Brett Arends wrote that Romney took a personal financial hit from the mortgage crisis, of at least $1 million, through his investment in Goldman Sachs Global Equity Opportunities fund. . . . more | Other issues | Bio

Fred Thompson
Thompson hasn’t really come up with a plan to fix the mortgage crisis. But he has found a scapegoat — illegal immigrants. He said at a rally in Iowa during late December that Hispanics who don’t speak English very well — and don’t understand the mortgages they’re getting into — are partly to blame for the growing numbers of foreclosures around the country.. . more | Other issues | Bio 

Quote 0 0
Westman
The above remarks leave me stunned  and make it very obvious the candidates are far removed from the truth about what is behind the mortgage fraud crisis.  They just do not have a clue. 

If they don't understand this fraud by now, then they are too clueless to be President of anything and they will not be spending any time on mortgage fraud during their term in Washington. 

What will happen to homeownership, the American's Dream, our financial wealth?  Are we going to remain silent while our lives continue to be destroyed, day after day, year after year? 

At least we can rejoice in the fact that Bubba Bush will be gone.
Quote 0 0
srsd

You know something worse than that.....most people are the same.  Nobody seems to know anything about what is happening unless they are a victim.  I have tried to explain things to people that I know and they seem to think that everyone got together and just didn`t pay their mortgages or that everyone couldn`t afford to pay. 

Quote 0 0
Ed Cage
You hit the nail on the head srsd.
Ed

Quote 0 0
Carolyn
Well I for one wrote to Hillary in 1999 and told her what was going on and she turned a deaf ear to it.

Over the years many of us have wrote to different political figures and the result has been the same. The only politician that took a stand was the one from Maryland which forced Fairbanks to be sued for $40 million dollars which only made the lawyers richer but the homeowners got screwed again but it looked good in print.

They knew what was going on but decided to do nothing about it. The fact that so many of us contacted these political figures for years starting in the 90's and nothing was done should be brought to light so that everyone knows that they were warned what would end up happening to the housing market years ago when they could have SHOULD HAVE done something to fix the problem but then again that might mean going against some of their buddies. GOD FORBID..a politician that does what's right for the people they represent and put them in office. What a fantasy thought
Quote 0 0
Don't feel bad, Carolyn. I stood two feet in front of her in Derry, NH in August and told her about Mortgage Servicing Fraud specifically. She asked my attorney what he thought should be done about the issue. Despite having direct access to not only a Mortgage Servicing Fraud victim but his attorney for two weeks before the August event, last month, before a Wall Street crowd she stated that she was entertaining indemnifying mortgage servicers from legal action resulting from any loan modifications they performed. All of us here know just what that legal indemnity would ultimately do to a borrower.

The 08/07 speech transcript is available on her site as is the Wall St speech transcript - 12/05 I believe.
Quote 0 0
Carolyn
Thanks Mike:

The bottom line is in spite of all her fancy speeches she doesn't get it because she doesn't want to get it and for that reason I can not vote for her regardless of the fact that she could be the first women president.

She wrote a book titled "It Takes A Village" what she needs to know is that with her idea of indemnifying mortgage servicers from legal action there won't be any village's left if she is successful in doing that.

If I would vote at all and if he were running I would vote for Al Gore but he won't go for it again at least not now.

I think I'm going to write to her again..that just fired me up!!
Quote 0 0

I heard Romney say on the radio that we have to push investors on Wall Street and mortgage servicers into accepting loan modifications.

Quote 0 0
I'm actually mildly surprised at how quickly the media and John and Jane Q. forgot about White Water. Not much you can do when you literally stand in front of a candidate, at her unsolicited invitation, inform her about Mortgage Servicing Fraud, and she chooses to completely ignore it. Chromosomal alignment really should not be a factor in the choice of a presidential candidate. Qualifications should be. White Water and the mortgage, banking and accounting industry PAC contributions in addition to the proposal to indemnify mortgage servicers simply disqualified Sen. Clinton from my vote.

To date, the Edwards mortgage policy is still the best that I've seen. Specific awareness of servicing and appraisal fraud and regulation thereof. Once Mortgage Servicing Fraud was brought to their attention they did a fine job of putting it together. Being a bankruptcy attorney, it took Mrs. Edwards all of about five minutes to grasp the concept of Mortgage Servicing Fraud.

Best thing that could happen for the Dems, long term, would be an Edwards/Obama ticket. The office would be theirs for the next 12-16 years were that to happen and everything go well.

And Gov. Romney should be well aware of Mortgage Servicing Fraud given the facts that USA/Curry v. Fairbanks was heard and settled in his backyard while he was Governor of MA. and that Deval Patrick took over after him. Now that I think of it, Sen. Obama DID stump for Deval during the MA election. Hmmm....

Things are only going to change if you make them change. No one else will do it for you. They're too busy worrying about their own agendas.

Quote 0 0
O -

I agree with Mike. I'm with Edwards

Mike Dillon wrote:
I'm actually mildly surprised at how quickly the media and John and Jane Q. forgot about White Water. Not much you can do when you literally stand in front of a candidate, at her unsolicited invitation, inform her about Mortgage Servicing Fraud, and she chooses to completely ignore it. Chromosomal alignment really should not be a factor in the choice of a presidential candidate. Qualifications should be. White Water and the mortgage, banking and accounting industry PAC contributions in addition to the proposal to indemnify mortgage servicers simply disqualified Sen. Clinton from my vote.

To date, the Edwards mortgage policy is still the best that I've seen. Specific awareness of servicing and appraisal fraud and regulation thereof. Once Mortgage Servicing Fraud was brought to their attention they did a fine job of putting it together. Being a bankruptcy attorney, it took Mrs. Edwards all of about five minutes to grasp the concept of Mortgage Servicing Fraud.

Best thing that could happen for the Dems, long term, would be an Edwards/Obama ticket. The office would be theirs for the next 12-16 years were that to happen and everything go well.

And Gov. Romney should be well aware of Mortgage Servicing Fraud given the facts that USA/Curry v. Fairbanks was heard and settled in his backyard while he was Governor of MA. and that Deval Patrick took over after him. Now that I think of it, Sen. Obama DID stump for Deval during the MA election. Hmmm....

Things are only going to change if you make them change. No one else will do it for you. They're too busy worrying about their own agendas.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...