Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Ed Cage

Exploitation by lawyers is a subject we all need to be aware of.. That advice is especially appropriate in the mortgage fraud arena.

As my Dad (Also Ed Cage) told me many years ago when he retired after being Chief Legal Counsel for Sunoco and having 60 lawyers under him at one time.. "When I retired I sent my license(s) to practice law back to the state (Texas/Philadelphia) along with a letter informing them that I was no longer proud to be an attorney."

Another extremely close lawyer acquaintance of mine recently summed it up thusly,

"It's the 99% that make the rest of us look bad."

MR ;^D

PS: A sobering footnote to this that kinda wipes the smile off Mr Ed is that while I have successfully argued a number of cases pro se, mostly at the Justice Court level the truth is:

a) I just lost one on a lawyer technicality when I went pro se at the District Court level.

b) Since I owned a business for decades which performed 88,000 separate jobs naturally I have had to sue people. I won about 70% as pro se and I won 100% of all cases when represented by an attorney in Court.

Three Mortgage Legal Tips from Mr Ed:

1) You can do all the saber-rattling you want but when it comes time to go to Court in the mortgage fraud arena you better get an attorney.

2) Things that seem to be iron-clad proof to a layman are not so easy to prove even in a civil case.  The reason: The Courts and the AG are both swamped with "iron-clad" cases and we all tend to be a little biased when evaluating our own cases.  Disheartening, but true.  The good news is that arch criminals like AMC, and EMC / Bear Stearns violate laws with callused and reckless abandon. These guys can be had, but not pro se folks. 

3) Problema Grande: Judges really *hate* pro se "attorneys." 

MR <:~{ ED

'

'

'    

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...