Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
My name is Andy Kroll, and I'm a reporter with Mother Jones magazine. I'm currently doing some reporting on mortgage servicing fraud, and I'm trying to track down anecdotes and stories re: servicing fraud, abuse, disagreements, legal cases, etc.

If anyone on this forum fits this profile, and would be willing to speak with me, that would be great. My contact information is as follows:
akroll@motherjones.com

From there, I'll provide more information to people who contact me. And to assure you I am who I say I am, you can also check out my personal site, andykroll.com, and a recent investigation I did into the HAMP program here: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2009/08/foreclosure-rescue-mirage

Thanks so much,
Andy Kroll

Quote 0 0
Andy,
   Back in the good old days when people still had equity in their homes,
ie pre 2008, one of Ocwen's tricks was to back date the start date to pay
in order to create a phony default. They would then add late fees and other
charges to put the person more than three months in arrears and try to steal the equity through foreclosure. This is what they tried with me, but it didn't
work. Four years of litigation on this issue until they finally came up with the
original Note which showed start date to pay was 5/1/02 and not 3/1/02.
   At the time I thought this was why they were claiming the Note was lost.
Quote 0 0
Philip S.

here's one, I just found out the substituted trustee(Quality loan service corp) that was conducting the nonjudicial foreclosure for Litton in OC CA when I filed a federal lawsuit(Quality, Litton, Fremont) in central district CA in 09 had thier license Expire in 02. explains why nothing was notorized and affidavitts were blank, but of course my crooked attorney missed that detail. but here's the best part I just found this out cuz they or actually the company they allegedly sold my house to(Giant Gate Group) recently showed up at my front door to hand deliver an offer of $700 to "help" me move out coupled with the threat to file an UD, with know proof of an auction ever taking place, nothing recorded, nadda.     

Quote 0 0
PB

Check out LPS which is Lender Processing Services, Inc. in Mendota Heights, MN  Suite 200, 2700 Northland Ave. Which is Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. which is FIS, which is Fidelity National Solutions, Inc. which is also LSI which is Lender Services inc. (they do broker price opinons...for Fidelity who is directing to the law firm how/what to foreclose on). One tip - in Dakota County, MN there are tens of thousands of sworn affidavits signed by pretty much the same 2-3 people. One is Laura Hescott, of Fidelity of Lender Processing Services, Inc. in Mendota Heights. She is the VP and/or an Officer of about 22 mortgage companies. So what this means is they are filing false affidivits with courts across the country both Federal and State in their illegal efforts in foreclosing on Americans. They are scum.

Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
Now, now, PB, don't mince your words.
Quote 0 0
h gosh
Also in the FIS/LSI family is DocX.  DocX is the operation pushing "e-signature", a very, very scary concept!!
Quote 0 0
I have a good one I think.

In my case, WF used ficticious mortgage recording information to get stay relief in my BK 13, 1 year after they got stay relief they sued me in state court to record the mortgage that they certified was recorded with a made up book and page number in the BK Court, they lost that case, but are foreclosing against me anyway.
Quote 0 0
One more connection with LDS, is a company out of Branson, MO,  formerly known as ACR, that is now know as  RICHMOND MONROE GROUP.

They are responsible for "CREATING AND RECREATING ORIGINAL LEGAL DOCUMENTS FOR COURTS" 

This was a secret operation out of MO, that operated under an "Assumed Name"  "Fictitious Name" for years for LDS, and the "Network". 

This site in Branson has changed to a new building, and with it changed its name again.

But look for them to named in some very large class actions soon! 

Quote 0 0
Andy:  Check a company formerly known as ARC out of Branson, MO, its currently knows as RICHMOND MONROE GROUP,

ARC was a poorly kept secret of LDS, and recreated "ORIGINAL LEGAL" documents for the LDS systems "NETWORK".  ARC was a "Fictitious Name" of ARC in Missouri.

Follow the trail of legal documents they "Created" and represented to courts around the country as "Originals".

Yes LDS has a lot to hide, and they are trying to separate them,  expect a number of class actions to filed naming them.
Quote 0 0
PB
Your right Mr. Wait - note it is LPS which is Lender Processing Services, Inc. and guess where? 2700 Northland Drive, Suite 200 Mendota Heights, MN. The LPS which is Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. out of Jacksonville. The same LPS and Fidelity that the State Attorney Generals in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Conneticut are investigating right now.

RICHMOND MONROE GROUP, INC. 15511 State Highway 13
Branson West, MD 65737
417-447-2931
417-739-9288
http://www.richmondmonroegroup.com

Where are the high tech scanners, document creators, sophiscated software Mr. William Foley, II of Fidelity? That you use to create "original" documents to your Network Attorneys doing mass foreclosures on Americans, filing these fraudulant documents in court rooms across the USA, Federal and State? Titles, deeds, "original" notes, affidavits - all false, lies to Judges, to homeowners. Good thing there are employees of yours who have some decency to come forth and tell what your doing. Where did you ship the machines Mr. Foley?  To the offshore bank accounts you have? Did you pay taxes on that money? Where you falsified documents filed in courts to foreclose on unsuspecting homeowners.
Where you falsified, and still do, documents for WaMu, Wells Fargo, Countrywide, New York Bank, Deutsche, Option One, Saxon, IndyMac, Bank Of America, and the others.

"We currently provide default management services to 22 of the top 25 residential mortgage servicers, 13 of the top 25 sub-prime servicers, and 24 of the top 25 subservicers. Washington Mutual and Bank of America are two of our largest customers." Source: Fidelity's own SEC filing.

Quote 0 0
4 Justice Now
Mr Kroll,

I'll be glad to speak with you. I just hope you know what you are getting into. Every reporter/journalist I contacted so far has dropped their investigation as quickly as one can speak the name Ocwen.

I'll contact you shortly.

V/r,

4J
Quote 0 0
angry n not taking it
read Thur & see which names are recognized so we might compare & finish them off. together Lets burn these weasels out .

Any way,,, some of the weasel lineup my amazing better half & wife has researched and compiled .

this is in ca & a non judicial state.

starts here
1- 2006 loan with Fremont investment & loan - filed bankrupt chapter 11- 6/12/08

servicing to Litton 6/08
Litton Loan Service hires (outsources) Quality Loan Service to foreclose on homes in California.

Litton Loan Service problems:
Transfers title illegally as beneficiary ... for example
Donna Dixon, employee at Litton signs as HSBC Bank
Marti Noriega, employee at Litton signs as VP of MERS
These documents are notarized and look very important and official.
But they are frauds,
LITTON WAS NEVER BENEFICIARY
MERS is more often than not is assigned Beneficiary on "security instruments" and "common law trusts" masked as Deeds of Trust and Notes from the Lenders (Fremont in our case)
These documents are notarized and look very important and official.

Next, Litton or MERS hires Quality Loan Service, (aka McCarthy and Holthus, LLP)
McCarthy and Holthus are attorneys for HSBC Bank
McCarthy and Holthus are;

http://www.qualityclaims.com/about_us.aspx?sect=_partners

Thomas J. Holthus, Esq.
Shareholder

Thomas J. Holthus is the managing partner of the law firm McCarthy Holthus, LLP based in San Diego, California. McCarthy Holthus represents mortgage servicers and lenders in eight Western states. Mr. Holthus has represented financial institutions primarily from a mortgage default perspective for the past 22 years and is an attorney licensed to practice law in the states of California, Nevada and Nebraska. He is a founding member of The National Firm McCarthy, Holthus, Baum Ackerman, LLP and a founding shareholder of Quality Loan Service, which provides default solutions to financial institutions. He also serves on the Board of Directors for Cornerstone Bank N.A., York, NE and California Business Bank, Los Angeles, CA. Mr. Holthus obtained a Bachelor of Science in Economics in Business Administration from Arizona State University and a Juris Doctorate from California Western School of Law, San Diego, California.

Kevin R. McCarthy, Esq.
Shareholder

Kevin R. McCarthy is a partner and attorney of the law firm McCarthy Holthus, LLP based in San Diego, California. He was first admitted to practice law in the State of California in 1990. Mr. McCarthy is a founding shareholder of Quality Loan Services, and member of the California State Bar, as well as the California and Arizona Federal District Courts. In addition, he is also a member of the California State Bar Association Real Property Law Section, MBA Legal Affairs Committee, United Trustee Association, Arizona Trustee’s Association, as well as the California Mortgage Banker's Association and Southern California Mortgage Banker's Association. Mr. McCarthy has written articles for publication in various trade newsletters and has spoken or chaired at various seminars for industry associations

Bill De Ridder (aka William De Ridder, Quality Loan Service expired business license on record at the Dept of Real Estate)
Broker
Tri-Coast Real Estate and Mortgage
619 667-3377
4711 3rd Street
La Mesa, California 919141
Bill@Tri-CoastMortgage.com

http://livinglies.wordpress.com/2009/09/29/strategic-implications-of-the-landmark-kesler-kansas-supreme-court-decision/
Dan Williams, on October 1st, 2009 at 11:47 am Said:
Regarding interesting relationships between loan servicers, trustees and MERS, check out the firm of McCarthy & Holthus; whose managing members are all officers of Quality Loan Servicing in Washington State; servicing loans for numerous lenders; the managing partner of its Washington state location, Matthew Cleverly, is also the registered agent and managing principal for Quality Loan’s Washington State location, and I’ve no doubt, an officer of MERS. They tout their expertise in bankruptcy matters, especially in Relief from the Automatic Stay. The same principlal of the Quality Loan Washington State, and Managing Partner of McCarthy Holthus in Washington, was recently made an example of in Idaho Bankruptcy Court for, I believe, 6 different cases where the Court denied all of his motions based on MERS lack of standing and not being a real party in interest. The bankruptcy judge also pointed out the ridiculous manner in which assignments were made in an attempt to prove standing to foreclose – basically called him a fraudulent attorney with fraudulent clients. Decision July 7, 2009 Terry L. Myers – Chief U.S. Bankruptcy Judge – Idaho

Except as otherwise indicated or unless the context otherwise requires, all references to “LPS,” “we,” the
“Company,” or the “registrant” are to Lender Processing Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation that was
incorporated in December 2007 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of FIS, and its subsidiaries; all references to “FIS,”
the “former parent,” or the “holding company” are to Fidelity National Information Services, Inc., a Georgia
corporation formerly known as Certegy Inc., and its subsidiaries, that owned all of LPS’s shares until July 2, 2008;
all references to “former FIS” are to Fidelity National Information Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation, and its
subsidiaries, prior to the Certegy merger described below; all references to “old FNF” are to Fidelity National
Financial, Inc., a Delaware corporation that owned a majority of former FIS’s shares through November 9, 2006;
and all references to “FNF” are to Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (formerly known as Fidelity National
Title Group, Inc.), formerly a subsidiary of old FNF but now a stand-alone company.

Western Title Insurance Company (now Fidelity National Title Insurance Company of California) traced its origin to C.V. Gillespie (founder), a notary public and searcher of records in San Francisco.
At the time of the San Francisco earthquake and fire, employees of Western Title Insurance Company and their wives were credited with saving the title plant and other valuable records of the company.
The original Western Title Insurance Company was formed.
Fidelity National Title Insurance Company (FNTIC), a Nebraska corporation, received a certificate of authority and began doing business in Nebraska.
FNTIC acquired the assets of a small underwriter in Tucson, Arizona. It was at this time that the Company's current principals were first affiliated with FNTIC.
FNTIC, with agency operations in the Arizona counties of Maricopa and Pima, was purchased from CIGNA. FNTIC was ranked 48th in the country among title insurance companies with revenue of $6.2 million.
Corporate offices for FNTIC were moved from Denver, Colorado, to Scottsdale, Arizona.
Controlling interest of FNTIC was sold to Fidelity National Financial, Inc. ("Fidelity" or the "Company"), its present holding company. William P. Foley, II, became President and Chairman of the Board.
The Securities and Exchange Commission approved the sale of Fidelity's stock to the employees of its various subsidiaries. Fidelity became the nation's first and only employee-owned title insurance underwriter.
Fidelity began trading on the American Stock Exchange under the symbol FNF.
Fidelity Acquired Western Title Insurance Company.
Fidelity moved corporate headquarters from Scottsdale, Arizona, to Irvine, California.
Fidelity acquired Western Title in Portland, Oregon.
Fidelity purchased an El Paso-based title agency, which represented Fidelity's first direct title operation within the state of Texas.
Fidelity established Premier Lenders, a concept unique to the title industry. All title work for lenders in the California counties of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego is performed out of one regional office.
Fidelity began trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FNF.
Fidelity acquires Meridian Title Insurance Company, and Security Title and Guarantee Company, expanding Fidelity's direct operations base to include Florida, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania.
Fidelity completed its acquisition of Agency Sales and Posting, Arizona Sales and Posting, Inc. and Pente Enterprises, Inc.
Fidelity acquired ACS Systems, Inc., a computer software development company to enhance FNTIC's electronic data interchange through the development and marketing of its trust, escrow and title related software.
Fidelity acquires Western Title Company of Washington, creating the opportunity to expand direct operations into Washington.
Fidelity acquires the accounts receivable and the book of business of World Title Company, formerly in conservatorship. Fidelity acquires 100% of the stock of World Tax Service... enhancing its market position in California.
ACS unveiled ExpressNet (now FlexNet), an integrated solution for electronic commerce between back office systems and external service providers, realtors and lenders.
Fidelity acquired Nations Title Inc, 8th largest title underwriter in the United States, made FNTIC the 4th largest title underwriter in the U.S. and doubled the existing agency base.
Fidelity acquired Alliance Home Warranty (now Fidelity Home Warranty)
Fidelity acquired CRM, now Fidelity Tax Service
FlexNet™, Fidelity National Lender Express Network, is established as the single source through one interface for bundled services to include title and escrow, tax, credit, flood, foreclosure appraisal, document and recording, and electronic commerce services.
Fidelity acquired First Title Corporation, a title company with offices throughout the southeastern United States.
Fidelity acquired three credit reporting companies Ifland Credit Services, Credit Reports, Inc., and Classified Credit Data, Inc. All three have been merged and operate as Fidelity National Credit Services, Inc.
Fidelity acquired Bron Research, Inc., a flood certification company headquartered in Austin, TX. which now operates as Fidelity National Flood, Inc.
Fidelity acquired Express Network, Inc., a provider of attorney services such as courier, messenger, courthouse filing, process serving, investigation and reprographics.
Fidelity acquired Granite Financial, Inc., an industry consolidator in the small-ticket lease financing market
Fidelity sold wholly-owned subsidiary ACS to Micro General, Inc. ACS provides software, systems integration and telecommunication services to small to medium size businesses in the real estate industry.
FNTIC merged with Alamo Title, the ninth largest title insurer in the United States. As a result FNTIC is now the second largest underwriter in Texas.
Fidelity formed RealEC.com, the first multiple title underwriter alliance for electronic commerce. Fidelity and Stewart Title are the founding and initial members. It is designed to be an open electronic commerce network to order and deliver essential real estate information services in the real estate transaction process.
FNF, through Micro General, sponsored and financed a new interest transaction intermediary company called Escrow.com.
FNF announces its plan to acquire Chicago Title Corp. and its title insurance subsidiaries - Chicago Title, Ticor Title and Security Union Title, thus creating the world's largest title insurance organization.
FNF completes its acquisition of Chicago Title Corp., creating the largest title insurance organization in the world.
FNF moved into its new corporate headquarters in Santa Barbara, California.
FlexNet and Chicago Title's CastleLink operation are merged to form Fidelity National Lender's Solution - the single solution for mortgage products and services.
Quote 0 0
Angry and Not Taking It,  Excellent narrative of relationships!  If one looks behind the corporations at the Board of Directors, one can begin to connect the dots and the same people begin to show up behind the curtain.

Keep up the very good work! and thank you for taking the time to post this brief showing relationships.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...