Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
chicagosurvivor
I had a second mortgage with Chase and was sued five/six years ago.  They got a judgement, but I never paid anything.  Our income and assets bottomed out due to unemployment and illness (though we retained the home).  They even attempted garnishment, but our income was too low.

Now, I see the courthouse has a Release / Satisfaction of Judgement on there website.

What would have caused this?  Dealing with illness and other debts this is a huge relief, but is this some sort of posturing, or was this part of some of the relief judgements?

Again, while thankful this might be one less concern, I am surprised they did not try to attempt to collect for the life of the judgment.  Has anyone else seen this?

Should I expect a 1099 for the forgiven debt?

Thank you for your help.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...