Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
h gosh

The new face of homelessness: Pocono working poor and families struggle for survival

A homeless woman in her 20s wanders around Walmart in Stroudsburg at 3 a.m. Hoping no one will notice, she slips into the store's bathroom for a brief, uneasy sleep in a stall.

A family of three, including an elderly person and a child, sleep in a car with a broken heater. The child attends school where nobody knows about the family's homelessness.

A young woman suffering from depression seeks shelter overnight from rain in an abandoned, burned-out home. Fearing discovery by an animal or a violent person, she dozes off a few times but never really sleeps. Her depression deepens.

These stories, as told by agencies that work with the homeless, represent the new face of homelessness in the Poconos: Increasingly, they are employed, young, an entire family or migrating from New York and New Jersey.

And too often, when they ask for help, they are turned away.

Read the complete story here:  http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100307/NEWS/3070335

Quote 0 0
Margaret
I actually lived in Pennsylvania very close to the Pocono's. The problem there is the same problem we have down here, affordable homes, no employment. Where there is jobs.... the home prices are unaffordable.

I can say homelessness is a problem here as well, but at least it is warmer here...I would hate to be homeless in a cold area like the Pocono's.

Pretty sad that people are living like this.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...