Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

Am considering purchasing a condo on a short sale and the current mortgage is held by Saxon.  Current owner is close to foreclosure.  Anyone have issues getting clear title on the purchase side from Saxon?

Quote 0 0
Pam, you're talking to people who have had their homes, condos and other properties literally stolen by mortgage servicers here. Some may potentially view buyers like yourself part of the problem of Mortgage Servicing Fraud. Try searching here for a story on Jim Hultman and Fairbanks and you'll see what I mean.

One thing I'll offer you is to talk to the condo owner and ask them if they are legitimately behind or if the default was manufactured by Saxon.
Quote 0 0
Clear title issues are usually when there is a lien on the property...you can find out this information from the closing attorney or title company that is handling the real estate transaction, if you are purchasing the property you have a right to inquire with them.

Liens are:

Tax Liens - Which are unlawful
UCC Filing Liens - which hold superior over ANY OTHER LIENS
Mechanic lien - someone has a claim against the property- if there is not enough proceeds to pay this off and it's a valid lien...you might as well look for another property

The lender can not sell a property if the title is not clear...PERIOD...but we have shady closing attorneys that will do unlawful things for the right price...

Saxon is a subprime lender and unfortunately I don't know what is going on with Saxon to the degree that they have many title issues with the homes they so-called financed....
Quote 0 0
Aimee

I can tell you what is going on with Saxon.  Mike is right Pam.  Is the default on the condo your are looking at manufactured by Saxon or was the homeowner truly behind?  We are probably the wrong people to ask.  All of us have had our property stolen by Saxon Mortgage Company.  For our family it was the only home we owned.  Not a condo...not a second home.  They took our last dime as well as the equity we had in our home.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...