Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Fed up
Announced yesterday by the US Treasury secretary. 

I don't post whole articles as it takes up too much space and bandwidth. 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ft/20080212/bs_ft/fto021220081534487966 

But a couple of snippets 

The initiative, called Project Lifeline, targets homeowners who are 90 days or more behind on their mortgage payments and offers them a 30-day "pause" in the foreclosure process.

Christopher Dodd, senate banking committee chairman, last month proposed the establishment of a federal entity that would buy outstanding, near-delinquent mortgages at steep discounts and transfer the discount to homeowners through new, lower-balance loans.

Project Lifeline involves Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, Countrywide, Washington Mutual and Wells Fargo. It includes borrowers with better credit histories than those typically locked into subprime mortgages - a sign the administration is concerned about resets affecting "alt-A" loans, which do not require full documentation, as well.

Mr Paulson said Project Lifeline was aimed at homeowners "who face a real risk of losing their home, but have not yet addressed the problem". It was "just one of the many steps" that the administration had planned since Hope Now. ("emphasis added.") 

And the "not yet addressed the problem" is not necessarily ignoriing the problem but as discussed recently in another subject, was that by the time a victim realizes that there is a problem its too late. 

Quote 0 0

waste of time, money and resources!  money better spent on investigations that lead to arrests, and prison time. 

Quote 0 0
Fed Up
Gary, I actually agree with you, but posted on the off chance that it could help even 1 victim, then it would be worth it. 

Arrests, convictions, I absolutely agree with.  What these crooks have done and continue to do to people is a crime. 

I've been out of the loop here for a while so have a lot of reading and catching up to do to see what has happened in my absence, but I remember we were on a good track when reporting to the FBI white collar crime unit and linking RICO to their (MS) actions along with the software programs and MERS.  Nye would probably have a lot on this. 

Good luck in your efforts,
Karen 
Quote 0 0

Thanks for the reminder, Karen... Now that he's been off the campaign trail awhile I need to go knock on the good Senator's door just so I can cross it off of my list.

Quote 0 0
Fed UP
Mike, I have not spoken with you since you e-mailed me quite a while back at my juno.com address, but if you go here 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/mortgage_fraud_victims/ 

which is an e-group we set up to bridge the gap between when the Conti-FB website shut down and then when this website was set up.  The posts of recent are very few and far between as we refer everyone here.  But, if you join, then you can search the archieved messages for RICO, MERS, "Men in Black" or in general software and get a wealth of information and previous research.  Also the files section contains a lot, but I think most if not all of it was transferred here. 

Again good luck!
Karen 
Quote 0 0
fed up

Whoops - have the name wrong it's "Back in Black" software, must have confused it with the Movie! 

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...