Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Ed Cage

I am well aware that 90%+ of the people in this forum can’t afford, don’t want or don’t need an attorney. That said:

I owned a business for three decades producing over 80K separate assignments.   Litigation at that volume is expected; I prevailed an est. 75% of the time representing myself. But I never lost a case when represented by an attorney.

I’m hardly a big fan of lawyers. Dishonest, expensive, trying to build a fee.. Did I say “expensive?”  However:

1) I recommend avoiding class action suits and instead exploring/discovering and documenting all the facts you can. Then negotiate and never fall behind on your mortgage or tax or insurance payments if you can avoid it. But if you are ultimately forced to go to Court in the mortgage fraud, insurance fraud arenas you better get an attorney.

2) Cases that seem to be “bullet-proof” to a naïve newcomer are not so easy to prove even in a civil case.  Courts and the authorities, (AG, DOJ, SEC) are both flooded with “bullet proof” cases. Furthermore we all tend to be a wee bit less than objective when evaluating our own tribulations. 

3) FACT: Judges do not like “Pro-Se” attorneys. The reason is you are in large part asking the Court to do the job of your attorney and cases on point, supporting law etc. are sparse with a “Do it yourself” lawyer.

I’m not an attorney but I have battle scars down to here…

Ed Cage   |   ecagetx@gmail.com

PS: The worst two ultra corrupt as in *illegal* entities I have researched are Wells Fargo and the infamous Balboa Insurance.

Quote 0 0
Bill
I agree that being represented by an attorney is far better than proceeding Pro Se.

It just can be very difficult to find an attorney in many places that has a good grasp on this form of litigation.  I'd hate to pay an attorney a large amount only to "go through the motions" and still end up with the same result.  Many people may have the opinion that if you haven't paid your mortgage in 3-4 months you SHOULD have the money for an attorney.  I personally don't feel this is usually the case.  I feel a lot of the time the mortgage is the last bill defaulted.  By this time everything that can be cut is cut and there just isn't the money left.  This could take a few months to recover from without paying a mortgage. 

The problem with being a Pro Se defendant is that there is not enough time to learn just the basic information and procedures you need to know to even have a hope of prevailing on any issue.

Quote:
Furthermore we all tend to be a wee bit less than objective when evaluating our own tribulations. 

I think Ed is correct on this in many ways.  I have had numerous "Break thru Cases and Statutes"  that would also give me a "Bullet Proof" case only to find by having different members of the forum read my pleadings how I'm trying to fit a square peg into a round hole because It's what I wanted to hear.  

Once you are fimilar with all the procedures you still need to have a plan on what to file and how it benifits you. 

This is again very diffuclt to learn in a very short time.

In the end I think this is a large factor in why Pro Se ligitants have a diffuclt time.

BUT

Any answer is better than no answer and a default.  Even if the answer is Pro Se.  There are many members here that are knowledgable and will give their opinions (not advice) in an attempt to help and keep you on the right path. 

A LARGE PORTION OF THE INFORMATION YOU NEED IS IN THE POSTS ON THIS SITE

Take a few days and Read, Read, Read, Read. 
Quote 0 0
Ed, I agree with you 100%. You couldn't have said it better.

I have gone through two attorneys since 2008. If you look at the court file it will show you how much work I did, and how many motions I filed compared to the two attorneys. I even filed Bk pro se. But that being said; You are "More" than right. Because having an attorney will put you at ease at times. You don't have to worry about them filing something without you knowing about it. It saves the trip to the court house once every two weeks. And let's not forget the time that is put into this day in and day out...

I am for sure going to hire an attorney after my mess is over with. For fraud, deception and everything else. At this point I have nothing to loose...

This forum is full of people who have the most educated opinions. I can't thank you guys enough. If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't have gotten this far.

Again, Ed I do agree with you...I think that if you can sit back and retain an attorney you should be fine. But at the same time as a client you need to educate yourself in order to even hire the right attorney.  
Quote 0 0
Irish
I am using an Attorney. The Attorney was recommended to me by another member in this forum.

I assessed my situation and realized that the chances of me prevailing without an Attorney was slim to none. Mainly due to the total disregard of the rule of law in the county in which I reside.

Even though I have retained council, I still do my part to understand the system. My Attorney emails me everything he files and I keep him updated on anything that arises on my side.

I will say that I have heard some stories of bad council too ... I did not retain the first person I spoke with. I knew my case and what I was looking for in an Attorney. I asked around and when I spoke with him, I knew he was the most qualified for the job.

Not to say, you cannot prevail in another area with the right Judge. I believe many of the people I have spoken with have a very good chance of winning ProSe. In some areas there is slim pickens of qualified Attorney's who get it. Many of them are still talking about short sales or loan modifications. In this case you might be better off on your own.

I think in my state there is several good Attorney's who get it....just not enough to go around. =)

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...