Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Yankee
Isn't there a law or regulation as to the time required to post a payment to an account when received?
Thanks
Quote 0 0
   Yes, there is such a law. It's called the "law of the jungle".

In the real estate "jungle", they play a game called "loan to own". The object of the game
is to "steal" the equity of the borrower.

One of the "gambits" is to catch the borrower in a "default" and then foreclose on him/her
so you can "steal" the equity in the property.

Sometimes, the borrower won't fall for the "trick" so you have to "manufacture" a default
by either "losing" a payment, or by "back dating" the "start date to pay". Then you add late
fees and other penalties until the borrower "appears' to be three months in arrears.

This is exactly what Ocwen tried to do to me back in 2004. It was my "initiation" into the
"foreclosure game". Luckily, I won that first "try" and the lessons I learned have come in
handy helping other pro ses ward off foreclosure.
Quote 0 0

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0190-making-payments-your-mortgage-servicer

Posting Payments

The servicer must credit a payment to your loan account as of the day it is received. Some consumers have complained that they’ve been charged late fees, even when they know they made their payments on time. To help protect yourself, keep detailed records of what you’ve paid, including billing statements, canceled checks or bank account statements. You also may be able to check your account history online. If you have a dispute, continue to make your mortgage payments, but notify the servicer in writing (see Sample Complaint Letter) and keep a copy of your letter and any enclosures for your records. Send your correspondence by certified mail to the address specified by the servicer, and request a return receipt. You also may wish to fax or email your letter and any enclosures. Be sure to follow any instructions the servicer has provided and confirm the fax number or email address before sending your letter. Keep a copy of transmittal confirmations, receipt acknowledgments and email replies.

I addressed the issue of "aging payments" on desks and in mail rooms many years ago. It is all the same game still going on so many years later.

I do not agree with sending payments certified mail, though. Delivery Confirmation will tell you online (in printable form) exactly when your payment was delivered by the post office. The post office itself scans the delivery so there is no reliance on servicer drones. That way you miss the servicer's "only certain employees are authorized to sign for Certified Mail" game. Those "certain employess" seem to take really long lunches and have lots of vacation days; rarely present. Delivery Confirmation is also cheaper .

Happy non-Apocalypse to all !

Quote 0 0
Texas
And to you ArkyGirl.

Keep them tires a rolling.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...