Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
4 justice now Show full post »
Nevaeh

MISSOURI wrote:
HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE CHICAGO MDL CASES, THIS IS WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND, MY CASE W/AMERIQUEST WAS A PRIVATE LAWSUIT IN MISSOURI, THEN THEY SENT IT TO CHICAGO , SO DOES THIS MEAN YOUR PRIVATE CASE IS REALLY A CLASSACTION NOW?I HAVE HEARD THAT THRU SOME OF THE OTHER SITES, THE MDL IN CHICAGO IS FALLING APART AND THEY MAYBE SENDING THE LOANS BACK TO THEIR ORIG. STATES, ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING.? MY LAWYER SAID HE CAN NOT DO ANYTHING UNLESS THEY SEND IT BACK TO MISSOURI.I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOMETHING, MY CASE WAS READY FOR TRIAL, THEN STOPPED AND SENT TO CHICAGO.ANY SUGGESTIONS?

My case is private atty as well; sent to Chicago few years ago. They had so  many cases that only Fed court could handle that is why it was done. Ours  came up for mediation within last few months.  Aquest offers some low ball amount; it is from insurance company as Aquest is out of business. If we don't accept the settlement our case would go to trial.  If we accept the settlement case gets thrown back to our state as there is another bank/trstee involved in lawsuit. Hus and I are sitting here tonite trying to figure out what to do...we are tired and this has been hanging over our heads. Need to pray for guidance.
Quote 0 0
Ha...  You know, I wasn't really expecting much from this class action suit.  I thought the estimates of $2,000 were highly optimistic, but I really thought (after the lawyers got their money) that the settlement might possibly  be 10% of that. You know... maybe $200.  Enough for a really nice dinner for two.  But when I got the check in the mail last week, I was floored.  TEN DOLLARS... and 39 cents.  This, from the company that (although I was able to get away from them in 2007...) jacked-up my credit in the first place, leaving me in a financial predicament I'm still fighting my way out of?  $10.39  Really...?!  I'm more certain than ever that Ocwen's corporate headquarters is located on the western bank of the River Styx.  Happy Holidays, Ocwen.
Quote 0 0
t

Welcome to the world of class action litigation.  The attorneys get PAID.  The defendant banksters get res judicata immunity from any future claims.  The borrower once again get the SHAFT.

Merry Christmas!

Quote 0 0
....for what it's worth:
received a check for $41.68, dated 12/21/2011,
today (12/29/2011) and drawn on a local bank
in Akron OH.

I had given up and expected nothing.

For the record: I lost my house in 2007......

jdd

Quote 0 0
ka
Quote:
....for what it's worth:
received a check for $41.68, dated 12/21/2011,
today (12/29/2011) and drawn on a local bank
in Akron OH.

I had given up and expected nothing.

For the record: I lost my house in 2007......

jdd

Hey, the $41.68 is certainly better than nothing.

But the Lender essentially got immunity for its civil misdeeds. The law firm bringing the class action gets paid millions. The law firm achieves this without actually doing any real work, which makes it a very nice payoff!

Class actions are profitable for the law firms. Borrowers are the losers.

Using strategies recommended on this site, timely applied, you might still be in your house.

Happy New Year!

Quote 0 0
s.wilkie
Ocwen foreclosed on my house , Feb.,2010. I had never missed a monthly payment. Ocwen came up with an insurance bill from four years prior, they raised my payment from $660. to $1325. a month.I kept paying $660., and disputed their insurance bill from four years ago.A few months later they began foreclosure proceedings. I tried everything to keep my house, Ocwen kept telling me I could definately keep my house. After about six months of applying for modifications three times,they kept saying they didnt have all my documents.I sent them 53 documents for a modification on three separate occasions.Right till they sold my house at the foreclosure sale, they assured me they would not.That horrible day, after being on the phone for at least six hours with ocwen, I finally got to talk to the loan modification officer who was in charge of my loan, he had not even looked at my file! Not once!! He couldn't tell me why. I owed $60,000. on my house, it was sold for $104,000., it was appraised at $220.000.I got $3450. from that sale, how could the trustee sales company have received $27,000.? Ocwen kept $74,000. The only way I could have kept my house was to pay the whole $60,000.I feel like they stole my house from me. I am still homeless, living with relatives.Its been an unbelievable nightmare.
Quote 0 0
Sally

Quote:
Ocwen foreclosed on my house , Feb.,2010. I had never missed a monthly payment. Ocwen came up with an insurance bill from four years prior, they raised my payment from $660. to $1325. a month.I kept paying $660., and disputed their insurance bill from four years ago.A few months later they began foreclosure proceedings. I tried everything to keep my house, Ocwen kept telling me I could definately keep my house. After about six months of applying for modifications three times,they kept saying they didnt have all my documents.I sent them 53 documents for a modification on three separate occasions.Right till they sold my house at the foreclosure sale, they assured me they would not.That horrible day, after being on the phone for at least six hours with ocwen, I finally got to talk to the loan modification officer who was in charge of my loan, he had not even looked at my file! Not once!! He couldn't tell me why. I owed $60,000. on my house, it was sold for $104,000., it was appraised at $220.000.I got $3450. from that sale, how could the trustee sales company have received $27,000.? Ocwen kept $74,000. The only way I could have kept my house was to pay the whole $60,000.I feel like they stole my house from me. I am still homeless, living with relatives.Its been an unbelievable nightmare.

The did steal your house s.wilkie.  That is precisely how it is done.

The entire HAMP modification process was devised by Pres. Obama to make it easier for them to steal your house by creating a pretext that they were going to try to help you.

In addition to stealing your house, Ocwen was also given taxpayer money to consider your HAMP modification.  But they never actually consider these applications.  This is just a scam to give taxpayer money to Pres. Obama's buddies at the banks.

You should have gone and found a really sharp attorney specializing in consumer debt and foreclosure defense.  You probably didn't do this because you actually believed that Ocwen was working with you and trying to help you.  This is never the case.

I seriously doubt you have any legal recourse at this point.

Watch out!  You will probably be contacted by several predators who lurk at this site and prey off of distressed borrowers.  They will tell you that they can help you get your house back.  If you give them money, then their scam will work and they will profit.  But you will not get your house back, because they are just operating a swindle.

Quote 0 0
landon1234

That is an extremely low settlement for such a scandalous thing they did. If it were I that lost my house, that wouldn't be enough to make restitution. Make them pay.

BTW You can contact the Supervisor of the modifications dpt, Lauren Martin at 561-682-8406, or the manager, John Fahey. The main number for the office is 561-682-8000 and from there, you can dial by name.

Good luck.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...