Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

We refinanced in 2005
loan is with HomeEq
Our payments were never late
Husband death in 7/2007
mortgage was late 1 month
then they raised my escrow 500.00 additional because of the home insurance which I told  them I would get a home inspection and it would be lowered from 5,500.00 to 1,500.00.  I had to pay the additional until the mortgage became 3months behind because they would not consider  I finally call HOPE and  I got the money to catch up and a different insurance company.  HomeEq had to refund me 3,277.00  which was all the escrow they colleced.
I would like to pay only the principal and interest and pay taxes and insurance on my own  They will not allow this.  The mortgage is in my late husbands name only.  I am struggling to pay this on top of a 2nd mortgage which is 377.00 with Wells Fargo another uncooperative lender.  Is there anything I can do?  My total monthly income is 2,000.00 and my mortgage payments come to 1,900.00.  with escrow.  I have a little help from my son and also got a 2nd job which brings in only 200.00 extra a month.  Someone told me to contact Wells Fargo and tell them you cannot pay and they will put a lien on the property until you sell it.  is this true.  Please help.

Quote 0 0
Patricia,

Your plight isn't much different than most of us that come here. These are two of the worst game players there is...Wf could just be the trustee and Homeq is a servicer. If you find an honest attorney be blessed.

The problem I have with most of these entities offering assistance to homeowners is that most of them push these dam modifications instead of getting us homeowners justice for being ripped off by them to begin with, therefore they breached the contract before default ever occurred. But the judges are siding with them.

You don't say what state your in if this is known we may be able to help with more info. Modifications aren't a bad thing. However, their trying to sweep many injustices under the rug. I for one have a problem with this. Then  a lot of the companies that claim to be an auditor whose good? Good luck!

Quote 0 0
JU
patricia - the solution is this whether you like it or not: file for chapter 13 bankruptcy, this will buy you time.  Follow the rules you can get at the federal courthouse or online on how to do it, fill out the paperwork. You can file a plan and state something like "I can pay $500 per month for 6 months then increase it to $1,000 for six months, then $1,500 the next six months. So you get some breathing room. While this is happening search high and low for an attorney to take your foreclosure case.  HomeQ is crooked, don't believe anything they tell you. suggest you read every single page on this forum and you'll learn what is going on. pick out the issues that happened in your case, print them out, give them to your new attorney. They are criminals and you have to approach it as such.  good luck

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...