Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Since Lehman went under, I have continued making payments to Aurora. Now I have come across the possibility that if Aurora is not applying my payments correctly I could still be liable for payments already made.

Has anyone else dealt with this? How can I find out who owns the Mortgage and if it was legally transfered?

Quote 0 0
Good luck getting Aurora to tell you ANYTHiNG unless it's done in discovery.
Quote 0 0
    The answer is simple, do a title search at the local Court Clerk's office and see if the mortgage was assigned BEFORE Lehman went out of business. If not, what right does Aurora have to collect anything? You may own your house free and clear right now because you never borrowed from Aurora!
     The meaning of the word "mort" "gage" comes from old French and means
"death gamble"' If the borrower dies before paying off the loan, it is DUE ON
DEATH! Read your mortgage, nothing has changed. However, it the lender
dies first or is dissolved before assigning the mortgage, the mortgage is cancelled and the borrower owns his property "free and Clear". That's why
it's called a death gamble!
      The last time lenders died en masse was the early 1930's and the
borrowers who weren't foreclosed on before the banks died, ended up
with their properties free and clear! This is why the bank bailouts were
such a sham. If insolvent banks had been allowed to fail, all their debtors
would have ended up owning their properties "free and clear" but "our"
bank controlledCongress wouldn't allow that to happen so they intervened in the"death gamble" and put the lenders on life support. They were looking out
for Wall Street instead of Main Street! 2008 should have been a "jubilee'
year as described in the Bible where all debts are forgiven. Apparently,
business cycles are nothing new and go back to Biblical days!
Quote 0 0
Aurora was not a part of Lehman's bankruptcy.  However, there are probably claims within the securitization of the mortgage to go after. 
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...