Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Hello

Seeking advice and mental relief.
A couple of months ago, I re-financed my home with Wachovia.  I fully funded my escrow account on 10-02-08. I faxed a copy of my property tax bill to Wachovia on 10-30-08.  According to my tax bill, my taxes are due on 11-01-08 and the default /late date is 12-11-08.  I have been monitoring my Wachovia mortgage account info online on a daily basis and my taxes have yet to be paid.  I called the escrow questions number listed on the Wachovia website and I reached 1st American Real Estate Tax Service, http://www.firstam.com/tax/products.html.  I was told by the rep that my taxes would be paid on the last  possible day, 12-10-08.   I was told that they send a bulk check to Los Angeles county and everyones taxes that they service are paid on that day. They refused my request to pay my taxes now and to honor the due date of 11-01-08. Additionally, I was told that I am required to have an impound account due to my debt ratio. Otherwise, I would close the impound account and pay my taxes and insurance myself.  I have owned and lived in my home since 1982 and I have never been late on any of my payments.

Is this normal and within the legal boundaries?  Am I being set up?

Thanks for any and all advice.

JR

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...