Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
arkygirl
An odd side effect of all the economic turmoil...huge numbers of lawyers being laid off at high profile firms.

It is strange. I figured these guys would be in high cotton right now considering all the fraud being uncovered. Maybe they will start working at cheaper rates now? Or maybe they will all begin working for the government to help prosecute the fraud?

12/12/2009

A huge number of law firms laid off attorneys today. This is an unprecedented bloodbath. DLA Piper laid off 140 people in the UK on Tuesday and today cut another 80 lawyers and 100 staff in the US, Holland & Knight laid off 243, including 70 lawyers, Epstein Becker lays off 23 attorneys and 30 staff, Bryan Cave cut 58 attorneys and 76 staffers, Luce Forward laid off 27 attorneys on Monday and today cancelled their entire 2009 summer program, Faegre & Benson cuts 29 attorneys, Cadwalader laid off 3 attorneys in London, a small count but Cad is one of the big names, Cozen O'Connor laid off 55 secretaries and 6 paralegals, all in all an incredible day.

Abovethelaw.com, a legal gossip rag, is keeping track of the layoffs ...

Quote 0 0
I don't mind paying a lawyer what he's worth.  So, the reduced fees doesn't matter to me.

I just wish there were more lawyers out there who take these kinds of cases and who "get it" as they call it on livinglies.  There seem to be so few out there.  I haven't found one in South Carolina yet.

It seems to me all the lawyers want to do "mill" work for the financial institutions. 

S
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...