Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
WHAAAT!!!

In July 2002, Kweku Hanson initiated a class-action suit against Ocwen Federal FSB of West Palm Beach, Florida, where he was represented by fellow Connecticut attorney Paul Ngobeni. The 123-page lawsuit in Hanson v. Ocwen Federal Bank outlines a six-year running battle over late charges and fees.[4]

"It is clear that this is a pattern and practice of sheer piracy," Mr. Hanson said in an interview. He was joined in the suit by 57 individuals who claimed to have been injured by Ocwen. The lawsuit sought $1.5 billion in punitive and exemplary damages, but was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kweku_Hanson
Quote 0 0

Yes, it is true - as are his other career highlighted failures listed on your link.  Some thought he was mankind’s gift from God when he filed against Ocwen.  Other, more level-headed folks saw him for what he was, as a fraud.

Quote 0 0
WHAAAT!!!
Who was the case settled with? Hanson himself? The entire class?

It is a well kept secret if it was settled.

Quote 0 0
4JusticeNow
WayToGo:

I believe anyone calling Mr. Hansen (or anyone else for the matter) a fraud without providing any sort of explanation is wrong at best. I spoke with Mr. Hansen many times during the early stages of his law suit and found him to be a bit over zealous and not totally rational in the manner that he conducted his case (He insisted on criminal charges being part of his law suit even though it clearly wasn't allowed because it was a civil case). But he like many others had clearly been defrauded, and as a result had a well documented hatred for Ocwen (Very well justified in my opinion). He was very out spoken on this subject and I like many others found him to be rather witty and humorous in his numerous writings regarding Ocwen. This despite the fact that he had taken on a financial giant that clearly could have crushed him at anytime. And, I believe that's just what happened.

After all, despite the fact that he was competent enough to have his own law firm and practice immigration law for 18 years (if I recall correctly), and his office had been broken into and his computer's integrity was jeopardized on a number of occasions, after he initiated his lawsuit against Ocwen and their very questionable law firm. He was so obtuse as to put incriminating videos of himself and a young teenage girl on his computer.  So when the town's Mayor and Sheriff stopped by one early morning to pay him a visit they promptly carted him off to prison. 

It's all just a bit too convenient for me to believe without additional evidence and/or details anyway. 

Any additional information on the subject would be welcome, as I'm open to believe anything at this point, well almost.

IMHO

R,

4J 

Quote 0 0
4JusticeNow
FYI:

I just wanted to make one correction and clarify my statement a bit further.

"Hanen" should have been "Hanson" sorry, my mistake.

Mr Hanson may very well be a fraud, but whether it's true or not, it shouldn't be in anyway misconstrued as being a sign of Ocwen's innocent, since they have already been proved to be guilty in court.

Also, I don't believe there was ever any out-of-court settlement in this case, undisclosed or not.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...