Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

I just got a letter from Ocwen stating that they are willing to offer a loan modification which would cut our loan payment in half.  The terms are 3.95% for the next five years.  According to Ocwen, this would help improve our credit score and they would avoid certain future late fees.  I am perplexed as to why Ocwen all of a sudden is willing to work with us.  I do not know if we should sign the paperwork or wait for a better offer.  From the boards I have read, it seems as though everyone is suing Ocwen.  Can anyone shed light on if this is a good deal or a scam?

Quote 0 0

Marsh: I would suggest that you invest a few bucks with a lawyer and have he or she review the modification agreement.  If nothing out of the ordinary is discovered, then I’d go for it.  You may very well have a toxic loan and Ocwen knows it.  This would explain the sudden turn-around.  If you sue Ocwen it will cost greatly, and in the end you are not going to get a free house.  The best relief you could expect would be a significant reduction in interest.

Ocewn (for once) is probably correct when they say it will help your credit score because less of your income will be going towards the mortgage payment.     

Wow, did I just say Ocwen may be correct? :-)

Quote 0 0
4 justice now
Marsh:

Ocwen does absolutely nothing unless it happens to be in their best interest. With out a doubt, lying and stealing is a integral part of their daily practice. Way to go is 100% correct. I wouldn't sign anything offered by Ocwen unless I had an Attorney or two look it over very closely first. Even then I'd be reluctant to do so. They are pure evil plain and simple.

MHO,

4J 
Quote 0 0
Jake
Keep in your mind at all times that your dealing with Al Capone - this is your safety net to question everything. Hire a lawyer to read the contract right away.

Jake
Quote 0 0
RipOffReport.com

Rip-off Report: OCWEN Moss Codilis OCWEN Drops Moss Codilis West Palm Beach Florida

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...