Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Received a letter today as follows
Dear Borrower,
We have received your correspondence requesting research to be performed on your above referenced loan. As a result of the research required to accurately and completely address the issue(s) stated in your request, we will be unable to respond within the twenty (20) day period.

In accordance with RESPA, Ocwen is afforded 30 days from the receipt of your letter to respond to you. However, Ocwen is afforded an additional fifteen (15) days from the thirty (30) days (in accordance with RESPA) to respond to your request with an explanation of the facts surrounding your issue(s), including the detail of any adjustments or corrections (if applicable).

Really?!?! I cannot imagine they have "special treatment"...
They received my request via certified mail on DECEMBER 5TH!! 

Quote 0 0
Bruce
Just because they say they have this extra time doesn't mean they actually have it. They are counting on you to blindly believe them and do nothing to challenge them on the respa rule.
Quote 0 0
Inquiring
Lol the funny part is I received the letter the same day they got my second one
Quote 0 0
George Burns
Why did you send a second letter?
Aren't you afraid that the second letter might give grounds for restarting the counting of the time?
Have you checked RESPA to verify what the time for response really is?

MBAA summarizes Dodd-Frank Section 1463 to be:

Qualified Written Requests – Shortens required time frames for acknowledging qualified written requests (QWRs) under RESPA from 20 to 5 business days and reduces timeframe for a final response from 60 to 30 business days. Permits additional 15-day extension if borrower is notified.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...