Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
The Equitable One
I expect there may already be a thread of this nature but as I don't recall ever seeing it/one I thought it might be beneficial to begin another.

Some do actually have hearings in cases, and in addition to being able to prepare various "papers" to file we/they also need to know how to exert some control or direction in the courtroom. Objecting in oral proceedings is important even if we/they loose as an objection on the record will preserve an issue for appeal. Or at least I think it will.

On what basis can one make an objection in the courtroom?

How does one make an objection?

When does one make an objection?

What to do when opposing counsel objects to everything?

How do we move the court/judge to sustain legitimate objections?

I'm already anticipating several responses along the lines of "Object whenever a lawyers lips are moving because certainly he/she is lying." You can picture me smiling quietly at those, even before they are posted.

Quote 0 0
OK, this is where some training and foresight comes into play.

Every Judge has his own way of handling objections.  Some want you to just limit the objection to the 'rule', such as "Objection - Form of Question", or "Objection - Relevance".  If the Judge isn't asleep he'll already know why you are objecting and rule on it.  If he says sustained the other side moves on.   If he says overruled the other side gets to have the question answered.  Either way you got your objection on the record.

Few Judges will allowing speaking objections unless they ask for it, i.e., 'Objection - your Honor, this question is completely out of order".

I suggest that you take the time to actually sit in a view the Courtroom practices of the Judge you will be before.  Try to attend either a trial or something like an evidentiary hearing.  There is no better education that watching how your prospective Judge rules from the bench BEFORE you stand before him (or her).

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...