Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
William A. Roper, Jr.
Gretchen Morgensen reports in the New York Times that NY Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman has issued subpoenas to the Steven Baum law firm and Pillar Processing related to its investigation of mortgage foreclosure fraud:

New York Times: "New York Subpoenas 2 Foreclosure-Related Firms" (April 8, 2011)

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/09/business/09foreclose.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

The article appeared online on April 8, 2011.  I did NOT see this article in the Texas print edition of the NY Times for Friday, April 8, 2011, and haven't seen the Saturday print edition yet.

It is gratifying to see state attorney generals continuing their investigations even as the corrupt Obama administration continues to orchestrate its coverup in settling Federal regulatory charges.
Quote 0 0

finally justice in NY!

Quote 0 0
Angelo

Lets not get ahead of ourselves people, they are just sunpoenas.  They are not indictments.  But Ill tell you this, in my county Baum's office filed only 1 foreclosure action so far this year, unlike last year where he filed 504. 

Quote 0 0
Article appeared in today's Buffalo News on line-thought one paragraph is very telling about the judges in western ny versus downstate-i wonder how much baum contributed to judge walker's election campaign!
"Local judges and attorneys also have better relationships with Baum attorneys and fewer complaints than downstate. “The Baum firm’s paper submissions are — by far — the clearest and easiest to read of any bank foreclosure firm with matters pending before this court,” said Judge Timothy J. Walker of State Supreme Court in Buffalo, who oversees settlement conferences in Erie County."
so its better to go after these crooks from downstate is what they are telling people in western ny
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...