Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
stillinmyhome

On my note I have a signature of a Notary from another state, My state is on the note but crossed out with the notary's county and state hand written in. When we signed the note it was with a loan broker only. He then sent it to the other state to be notarized.  Shouldn't the notary have been present. The note could have been notarized at least a day or 2 later.
Quote 0 0
Kitt
I'm not exactly sure the implications here, or what process(es) you would need to go through to rectify the problem, but I do know that when a Notary seals a document at least one party on the document is to be in his/her presence and provide identification so that the individual seeking notarization can be verified by i.d. and signature. 
Quote 0 0
Kitt
A good article here, explains the duties of Notary and Notarizing. I'd say you've got false documentation  Could be super super helpful!!! 
Quote 0 0
Seth
What you are describing is almost unquestionably a valid basis for disciplinary action against the notary, upon proper complaint.

But in most states, authentication of a written instrument is not necessary to give effect to a deed, mortgage, deed of trust or assignment.  Authentication by the notary is merely necessary to make the instrument eligible for recording.

In most places, recording is also not necessary for the instrument to be effective.  Recording usually only effects the priority as to competing claims

Unless you are DENYING execution of the instrument, which in many places must be denied under oath, attacking the acknowledgment of the instrument is going to be not simply a useless distraction, but is also probably going to annoy your judge.
Quote 0 0
Texas
As Notes are commonly negotiable instruments defined by UCC or a states equivalent, such Notes can be negotiated by indorsement "In Blank - Which converts the Note to Bearer Instrument" [being payable to bearer of the instrument] and not to a specific party as would be identified if a Note was negotiated by "Special Indorsement.

Neither means of note negotiation require notarization or recordation. The real property lien "security" securing the negotiable note(s) is another story when true sale of the negotiable instrument is involved! If a notary stamp appears on a negotiable instrument and not being legally required is a stamp never existed and is a moot issue.
Quote 0 0
Donna
This topic comes up over and over again at the Forum.  Several of the Forum seniors answered this question multiple times over the past several years.  They even cited Federal securities laws and SEC regulations.  It appears that some of those posts may have been removed.

There is at least one remaining post by ka explaining this within the thread CountryWide Trust Doesn't Exist?:

http://ssgoldstar.websitetoolbox.com/post/CountryWide-Trust-Doesnt-Exist-2428284

You are no doubt still confused by the many posts here at the Forum and elsewhere which falsely assert that the trusts do not exist any more.  This Internet myth is central to many debt elimination scam swindles.  In order to swindle you through this scam, they need to first create a plausible story as to how you are going to end up debt free if only you employ the swindlers.

These swindlers operate many web sites and advertise on others.  Whenever the truth is explained, they attack the person who reveals their fraud.
Quote 0 0
Donna
I accidentally posted the message above to the wrong thread.  It belongs and has been reposted in the thread "Trust".
Quote 0 0
T-Bill
What if the mortgage is not properly notarized for recording?

http://ssgoldstar.websitetoolbox.com/post/What-if-the-mortgage-is-not-properly-notarized-for-recording-5272231
Quote 0 0
T-Bill
a suggestion: use this forum's search engine.  i found the above thread by searching with the following terms: 

"recording date notarized date"

try it!
Quote 0 0
JL
go here: http://ssgoldstar.websitetoolbox.com/post/A-message-for-Mr.-William-A.-Roper-Jr%E2%80%A6..-5471933

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...