here is the certified letter i sent:
Hereinafter collectively referred to as “Claimant”
Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC
Attention: Andrew Combs
1661 Worthington Rd. Ste. 101
West Palm Beach, FL 33409-6493
Hereinafter collectively referred to as RESPONDENT, you, your company
RE: Alleged Account # xxxxx Certified Mail #
NOTICE OF DISPUTE;
DEMAND FOR VALIDATION AND PROOF OF CLAIM
To Whom it May Concern:
This letter is being sent to you in response to a computer generated, unsigned letter dated May 20th, 2010 Reference Code: (0904), letter received by Claimant from your offices. Be advised that your claim is disputed and validation and proof of claim of the disputed debt is requested in accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC § 1692 and as amended by adding the following new Title 8 USC § 802 et seq., and the Fair Credit Billing Act, 15 USC. § 1666 et seq. All of which work in conjunction with each other, including the Truth In Lending Act (TILA) 15 USC 1601 et seq. It is not now, nor has it ever been, my intention to avoid paying any obligation that is lawfully owed by the Claimant. In order to make arrangements to pay an obligation which may be lawfully owed, please document and verify the “debt” by complying, in good faith, with this request for validation and return it to me, within thirty (30) days of receipt of this letter.
This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of Claimant mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION and PROOF OF CLAIM made pursuant to the above named Titles and Sections. I respectfully request that your offices provide Claimant with competent evidence as per the attached “Declaration and Proof of Claim” that I have any legal obligation to pay you the unsubstantiated alleged debt. Furthermore you shall cease all verbal communication. No phone calls to the Claimant.
At this time I will also inform you that if your offices have reported invalidated information to any of the 3 major Credit Bureaus, such as, Equifax, Experian and TransUnion prior to validation and proof of claim of the disputed debt, this action might constitute fraud under both Federal and State Laws. Due to this fact; if any negative mark is found on any of Claimant credit reports by your company or the company that you represent I will not hesitate in bringing legal action against you and your client for the following:
– Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
– Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
– Defamation of Character
– Violation of United States Code TITLE 18 PART 1 CHAPTER 63 § 1341 (Mail Fraud)
This debt is considered to be invalid until I receive proper validation and your offices provide Claimant with proof of claim of the disputed debt. Your offices have 30 days to produce the required documentation in accordance with FTC guidelines. During this validation period and proof of claim, if any action is taken which could be considered detrimental to any of Claimant credit reports, said action will be considered a “dishonor” and cause the self-executing contract portion of this notice to be implemented. This includes any listing any information to a credit reporting repository that could be inaccurate or invalidated.
If your offices fail to respond to this validation and proof of claim request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from Claimant credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to Claimant immediately.
Title 8 USC § 809. Validation of debts [15 USC 1692g]
(b) If the consumer notifies the debt collector in writing within the thirty-day period described in subsection (a) that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, or that the consumer requests the name and address of the original creditor, the debt collector shall cease collection of the debt, or any disputed portion thereof, until the debt collector obtains verification of the debt or any copy of a judgment, or the name and address of the original creditor, and a copy of such verification or judgment, or name and address of the original creditor, is mailed to the consumer by the debt collector.
BLACK’S LAW DICTIONARY:
VERIFICATION. Confirmation of correctness, truth, or authenticity, by affidavit, oath, or deposition.
Counter Claim with Self-executing Contract
If Respondent, such as by commission, omission, and otherwise:
(a) Fails to provide VALIDATION and PROOF OF CLAIM within thirty (30) days;
(b) Makes a false representation of the character of the herein above-referenced alleged debt;
(c) Makes a false representation of the legal status of the herein above-referenced alleged debt;
(d) Makes any threat of action that cannot legally be taken, in violation of any applicable law, such as, the law codified at the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act,
will be construed to be Respondent’s tacit acceptance of the terms and condition stated herein. In which case RESPONDENT
(e) Voluntarily report this account to all credit bureaus as “paid as agreed;” and,
(f) Voluntarily waive all claims against Claimant, their Agent or Heirs with prejudice; and,
(g) The matter regarding the alleged debt is finally and totally settled; and,
(h) Voluntarily admits the Claimant is the depositor for this account, that Respondent risked none of their assets at any time regarding this account and that they failed to disclose these material facts to Claimant; and,
(i) Voluntarily report the date of last activity on this account is the date of this notice.
Furthermore, RESPONDENT’S failure to “Cease and Desist” in accordance with the requirements of the FDCPA and other related law, and/or satisfy the above “terms and conditions,” constitutes RESPONDENT’S “Breach of Duty” and voluntary agreement to compensate Claimant, by certified mail, with a cashier’s check within thirty (30) days of the date of billing by Claimant, their Agent or Heirs, in the following amounts:
I) One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) for each communication made to Claimant or their Agent or Heirs, whether telephonically or in writing, which is not in affidavit form, by a person who has first hand knowledge, regarding Respondent’s unsubstantiated claim; and,
II) Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000.00) for each transaction initiated by Claimant where Claimant’s commercial ability is impeded due to you, your agents’ or assigns adverse credit reporting; and,
III) Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) for each court appearance Claimant, their Agent or Heirs makes in response to Respondent’s unsubstantiated claims; and,
IV) RESPONDENT owes Claimant the balance equal to the purported credit limit on this account, plus interest and fees, for money lent; and,
V) Three times the alleged claim amount of three hundred fifty five thousand nine hundred sixty dollars ($355,960.00) which equals ($1,067,880.00); and,
VI) Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) per occurrence, for listing or reporting any information to a credit reporting repository which could be considered detrimental to Claimant’s credit history; and,
VII) Punitive damages in the amount of ($750,000.00); and
VIII) Debt Collector tacitly agrees that Debt Collector will compensate Respondent for all costs; fees and expenses incurred in defending against this and any and all continued collection attempts (by anyone) re the above-referenced alleged account
RESPONDENT also agrees to:
1. Voluntarily authorize Claimant to record a UCC-1 on RESPONDENT as debtor to secure the debt owed Claimant; and,
2. Voluntarily prove their claim as a RESPONDENT in possession of Claimant property in a involuntary bankruptcy proceeding process; and,
3. Voluntarily compensate Claimant for ALL costs and attorneys/consultant fees; and,
4. Resolve ALL claims by Claimant, against Respondent, et al, exclusively and finally through binding arbitration, if necessary, to enforce the above terms, conditions, fees, penalties and damages. Arbitration replaces the right to go to court except to confirm an arbitration award. The arbitration organization that is selected will apply its code or procedure in effect at the time the arbitration is filed, subject to this agreement. The arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator. The arbitrator’s authority is limited solely to the Claims between Claimant and Respondent alone. The arbitration will not be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding. If Claimant prevails in the arbitration of any Claim against Respondent, Respondent will reimburse Claimant for any fees Claimant paid to the arbitration organization in connection with the arbitration. Any decision rendered in such arbitration proceedings will be final and binding on the parties, and judgment may be entered in a court of competent jurisdiction. This arbitration provision applies to all Claims now in existence or that may arise in the future. The arbitration provision shall survive any voluntary payment of Claimant’s claim against Respondent, in full, or any bankruptcy by Respondent.
This is a private communication and is intended to affect an out-of-court settlement of this matter. Conduct yourself accordingly. Should any provision on this agreement be found to not be enforceable by order of a court of competent jurisdiction, it shall not adversely affect any other provision of this agreement and reasonable opportunity and effort shall be taken to modify it to become enforceable.
“Equality under the Law is PARAMOUNT and MANDATORY by Law”
NOTICE TO THE PRINCIPAL IS NOTICE TO THE AGENT
NOTICE TO THE AGENT IS NOTICE TO THE PRINCIPAL
Applicable to all successors and assigns
Silence is Acquiescence/Agreement/Dishonor
Executed on this 4th day of June, 2010 by, __________________________________
CREDITOR/DEBT COLLECTOR DECLARATION and PROOF OF CLAIM
Please provide all of the following information and submit the appropriate forms and paperwork back to me along with an Affidavit signed In Accordance with 28 U.S.C. § 1746 within 30 days from the date of your receipt of this request for validation and proof of claim.
1. Alleged Name and Address of Creditor
2. Name on File of Alleged Debtor:
3. Alleged Account #:
4. Amount of alleged debt:
5. Date that this alleged debt became/becomes payable:
6. Date of original charge off or delinquency:
7. Amount paid if debt was purchased:
8. Please attach a copy of any signed agreement alleged debtor/claimant has made with debt collector, or other verifiable proof that debtor/claimant has a contractual obligation to pay debt collector.
9. Furnish a copy of the original promissory note/agreement redacting my social security number to prevent identity theft and state that your client named above is the holder in due course of the note agreement and will produce the original for my own and a judge’s inspection should there be a trial to contest these matters.
10. Produce the account and general ledger statement showing the full accounting of the alleged obligation that you are now attempting to collect. Such as; FR 2046 balance sheet (OMB #’s 2046, 2049, 2099), 1099 OID report, S-3/A registration statement, 424-B5 prospectus, RC-S & RC-B call schedules
11. Identify by name and address all persons, corporations, associations, or any other parties having an interest in legal proceedings regarding the alleged debt.
12. Verified specifically, name(s) of person(s) assigned as Trustee to handle Corporations affairs and to be held accountable for the actions of the Corporation. Such as CFO and subordinates responsible for debt collections.
13. Verify as a third party debt collector, you have not purchased evidence of the alleged debt and are proceeding with collection activity in the name of the original maker of the note.
14. Verify you know and understand that certain clauses in a contract of adhesion, such as a so-called forum selection clause, are unenforceable unless the party to whom the contract is extended could have rejected the clause without impunity.
15. Provide verification from the stated creditor that you are authorized to act for them.
16. Verify that you know and understand that contacting me again after receipt of this notice without providing procedurally proper validation of the debt constitutes the use of interstate communications in a scheme of fraud by advancing a writing, which you know is false with the intention that others rely on the written communication to their detriment a violation of United States Code TITLE 18 PART 1 CHAPTER 63 § 1341.
Disputing the Debt,
Dated this _________ day of ________________________________, 2010.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(expressly all rights reserved),
Real Party in Interest, Live breathing man.
State of Washington )
County of xxxxx )
Subscribed and Affirmed and having been duly sworn to at ______________________ (Lynnwood)
before me____________________________, a Notary Public for the said county and state as above noted, do hereby state that the living man, xxxxxxxxxx, personally appeared before me and signed the foregoing instrument. Witness my hand and official seal this_____________day of____________________, 2010.
Notary Public Signature
My Commission Expires [SEAL]
2. NATIONAL DEFAULT SERVICING
3. WA DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
4. CONSUMER RESPONSE CENTER
5. COUNTY RECORDER