Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
I refinanced my home in Florida back in 2005 with a Option ARM and a 2nd HELOC through Homecomings.  Through various medical issues including cancer I fell in default back in 2006 and worked out a repayment plan with homecomings in Dec. of 2006 even though they filed a Lis Pendis in March of 2007 I was still able to stay current until June of that year. I filed for bankruptcy in March of 2008 and it was discharged in July of 2008.  That same month I received a letter stated that the court was having a hearing to dismiss the foreclosure due to lack of prosecution.  It was granted at the end of that month and except for an attempt by the prosecuting attorney to reopen it by paying fees in Sept nothing has happened at all.  Here I am no payments made since June of 2007 and Im still in the house.  I personally feel that the bank cant come up with proof of ownership and this is why they havent done anything.  Through all these months of non payment I have saved some money just in case it pops up again I can go to an attorney and contest anything they try to do.  Until they prove to my satisfaction that they have a right to throw me out Im not going anywhere.  Oh yeah during the bankruptcy I did NOT reaffirm anything on the house and I dont plan on signing any modification till Im satisfied that the terms are favorable to me not the bank.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...