Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
dee
 Our attorney filed a Notice of Resignation and Motion to withdraw as counsel unexpectedly. Our attorney actions totally surprises us. I would like to know if this would be considered a good reason for the judge to grant a Motion for Continuance.
Quote 0 0
Moose
I find it disturbing that this was a surprise. Surely there must have been some communication between you and the attorney that would have provided you with a clue that her or she wasn't equipped or ready to proceed.

Depending on the time-line of your case, the reasoning for the withdrawl and whether or not the court grants it, you definitely may need a delay.

I would also suggest you review local rules and procedures to find out where you stand.  There may be an automatic continuance for change of counsel unless the court views it as a delaying tactic.

Moose
Quote 0 0
Factman
A suggestion:

1. goto goggle scholar:

http://scholar.google.com/schhp?hl=en&sourceid=navclient

2. in search window type in the following: attorney withdrawal continuance

3. choose option "Legal opinions ..."

4. enter

5. you can then choose option "Advance Scholar Search" goto bottom and then select your state.

good luck!
Quote 0 0
It would definately be grounds for continuance and if anything be a great way to get an appeal.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...