Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
thesheen
Is it generally acceptable for an attorney other than the one on record, albeit from the same firm, to file motions without the attorney of record's signature or to appear in court without filing a notice?  Attorney of record is an individual and not the firm.
Quote 0 0
iknow
I'm not sure the answer in your jurisdiction, but keep in mind that a client is engaging the firm to represent them, not a certain attorney.  In my case, I've had a variety of different attorneys at the different firms file things.  It never seemed odd to me. 

What exactly is your problem with a different attorney at the same firm filing a motion?  Do you feel this is prejudicial or harming you in some way?

I think the Judge will quickly lose patience with you if you are arguing that only one attorney at the firm has to do everything. 

While attention to detail is important, you really have to be careful about getting sidetracked.  You should be focusing on what is filed, what you are going to file, what direction your case is going, first and foremost.  I wouldn't be wasting a bunch of time on small nuances until you have a real game plan.

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."

-Mae West
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...