Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
PB Show full post »
Joe
Just wanted to throw this out there.. Moss Codilis, LLP IS a law firm that is contracted by mortgage companies to help COLLECT for those who have gone into default. Now I assume that many of you on here have defaulted and are bitter at the action the company/firm has taken. Simple fact... Pay your bills = you wont have to deal with collections!
Quote 0 0
brindy
Hey Joe

So, what position do you have with his law firm?  Debt collector.  Troll for them on web sites.  Head Janitor?  Cat kicker?

Your comment is so stupid and ignorant it isn't worthy of a reply.

Quote 0 0
Hey Joe

1. The point you miss: who is entitled to payment.

2. If the indebtedness has been discharged in accordance with law, who is entitled to payment.

3. UCC - Intentional Willful destruction is discharge of the indebtedness.

From The Supreme Court of Florida

Case No.: 09-1460

“Florida Bankers Association”

“Alejandro M. Sanchez”

“President and CEO”

“Virginia B. Townes, Esquire”

“AKERMAN, SENTERFITT”

"In actual practice, confusion over who owns and hold the note stems less from the fact that the note may have been transferred multiple times than it does from the form in which the note is transferred. It is a reality of commerce that virtually all paper documents related to a note and mortgage are converted to electronic files almost immediately after the loan is closed. Individual loans, as electronic data, are compiled into portfolios which are transferred to the secondary market, frequently as mortgage-backed securities. The records of ownership and payment are maintained by a servicing agent in an electronic database."

"The reason "many firms file lost note counts as a standard alternative
pleading in the complaint" is because the physical document was deliberately
eliminated
to avoid confusion immediately upon its conversion to an electronic
file.
"

(Standard Alternative) - duh - they destroyed the original paper.
(Eliminated) - Destroyed?
(Deliberately) - Willful and Intentional?

I personally like the term "transferred" instead of assign.

Any further comments?

Know all the facts before before engaging finger motions.

Texas

Quote 0 0
arkygirl
Quote:
Just wanted to throw this out there.. Moss Codilis, LLP IS a law firm that is contracted by mortgage companies to help COLLECT for those who have gone into default. Now I assume that many of you on here have defaulted and are bitter at the action the company/firm has taken. Simple fact... Pay your bills = you wont have to deal with collections!

Show me the PROOF that "Moss Codilis" is a LAW FIRM registered anywhere. Last I checked, "Moss Codilis, etc." was a group of lawyers sending collection letters PRETENDING to be a law firm.

Moss Codilis, etc. is nothing more than a collection agency sending out letters.

Quote 0 0
Sara

Texas wrote:
Sarah
Sure, you can have your Crystal Ball back.
Ever check Email?

Sorry, I have been busy...I did get my mail today though.

S

Quote 0 0
Sara

Joe wrote:
Pay your bills = you wont have to deal with collections!

Well now, isn't this a funny post...

I just love when a collection company calls me wanting me to run down the street to ask one of my neighbors why they haven't contacted a certain "law firm". 

My response is:  I'm not on the payroll!!!

S
Quote 0 0
Insider
The CEO of Provest, Scott Strady, and his former boss, Roger Burton, of Online Investigations. 
http://bubl.ac.uk/archive/journals/meckjournal/v02n0192.htm
Quote 0 0
JPal69
If I remember it correctly when I worked there, Moss, Codilis LLP, the firm was originally made up of Moss, Codilis, Stawiarski, Morris, Schneider and Prior (all Attorneys) for the purposes of offering services to Mortgage Servicers. When I worked for them, I worked at Bank of America Mortgage as a Contractor working for Moss, Codilis LLP. The firm mentioned contracted with Mortgage Servicers to handle work related to Mortgage Loss Mitigation, Foreclosure and Bankruptcy at the Mortgage Servicer's location. In many cases, the Attorney's representing the cases were not the group listed above. They just provided support and tracking of cases at the Servicer's location. Yes, they also provided legal services (assistance with writing Loan Modifications, Payment Plans, and others and all reviewed by attorneys), but the firm was not representing the cases in court. Depending on the state, occasionally one of the actual Law Firms were hired to handle a Foreclosure or Bankruptcy, but the Services provided at the Servicer by Moss, Codilis LLP were only support services. I hope this make sense to you. Simply put, a very knowledgeable Servicing group, but not Attorneys working in the field at a Mortgage Servicer providing support for loans currently in Foreclosure, Bankruptcy or Loss Mitigation. We were not attorneys and did not represent ourselves as such. I left the company back in 2005, so if things have changed since then, I am not aware of it. I also know nothing of their Collections activities. This must have been a separate part of them, so I have no knowledge on that topic.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...