Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
About 3 years ago I received a foreclosure letter in the mail.  Instead of leaving I decided to see them in court.

About 3 to 4 days before our court date my attorney called me to say that my mortgage servicer or mortgage company will not be attending and they do not want my house.

I have not made one payment for approximately 3 years. I'm, still living in the house and the mortgage servicer has me on one of their automatic dialers. They call repeatedly but no one is on the other line. They fill up my answering machine with empty silent messages.

About 5 years ago I got 2 payments behind on my mortgage. I called them to make up the payments and was told I had to sign some of their documents and send them back to them.

I then started receiving statements that they charged me some $36,000.00 dollars in fees for becoming 2 payments behind.  My original mortgage was for less $55k.  I owe, even before the mortgage fiasco as of recent, $91,000.00 on a home worth less than $25,000.00 even before the Real Estate Balloon popped.

My credit has been ruined by these people and I believe they have committed a heinous crime upon me and my family.

I would like to take these people to court and let the whole United States see why our Country is being Bankrupted by these Bankers.

To be charged $36,000.00 in fees for 2 payments totaling less than $900.00 total is so outrageous that no one would ever believe me till they see my Mortgage Statements. I probably couldn't count how many laws were broken by these guys.

I'm never going to pay them and hope they have to pay millions in restitution and pain and suffering, not to mention fines.
Quote 0 0
Stephen
Hey, you're not alone.  We've all had similar experiences.  File a complaint with the FTC and watch how fast they kick they snot out of them.  Go to the FTC website and they have a simple, one page form to fill out on line and submit.  Couldn't be easier.  And they'll have somebody out there Monday morning knocking on their door.
Quote 0 0
It's good to have a positive attitude and hope for the best but you also have to have a plan B and prepare for the worst.

Many have made the mistake of putting all their eggs in one basket based on a government agencies claim only to find out they got buried deeper.

By all means contact the FTC and seek action, just make sure to keep other options open and better yet pursue several avenues at once, media, enforcement, Congressmen, Senators, mayors, activists groups etc. A good consumer attorney is still the best bet for the first course of action after off course getting together the facts of the case and evidence in order.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...