Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Jo
Good Afternoon;

I am hoping you can assist me.  I am trying to obtain a satisfaction for a New York home mortgage that was done with American Home Mortgage in 2003.  Now that they are bankrupt how do I get a satisfaction?  The house can't sold or refinanced with the mortgage on there and American Home Mortgage never satisfied the mortgage that was paid.

Is there any way you could give me some guidance what needs to be done.

Thank you in advance for any information you can give me.
Quote 0 0
Nye Lavalle
Quiet title action!
Quote 0 0

Perhaps a little more information may help:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/quiet%20title%20action

Quote 0 0
Don't know if this would work or not....But what about a copy of the check that paid off mortgage...Maybe front/back copy showing where they received/cashed....Then take to county to have them rectify....

They have to be capable of doing something right....Maybe call county 1st before spending money on quiet title action....Call title company as well..Not sure but quiet title would probably get a atty involved. Which if you can rectify the way I suggested it might work...Don't know if you don't ask...

Good Luck...

Quote 0 0
Moose
Jo wrote:
Good Afternoon;

I am hoping you can assist me.  I am trying to obtain a satisfaction for a New York home mortgage that was done with American Home Mortgage in 2003.  Now that they are bankrupt how do I get a satisfaction?  The house can't sold or refinanced with the mortgage on there and American Home Mortgage never satisfied the mortgage that was paid.

Is there any way you could give me some guidance what needs to be done.

Thank you in advance for any information you can give me.

Jo, when a corporation like AHM goes into bankruptcy, the court appoints a reciever/overseer and the operations of the business are essentially taken over. My recollection is AHM filed and basically auctioned off all its assets, which means the court they filed in (Delaware) would have the final approval of all of the sales. It was the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, case 07-11047-CSS was one of several filed.  Start with David D. Bird, Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court. If you have the name of the Trust it was in, they may be able to find out who bought it.

But you indicated it had already been sold/satisfied. You might also call the attorney that filed it for AMC to find out who the receiver/trustee was that oversaw the auction process:

Pauline K. Morgan
Young, Conaway, Stargatt & Taylor
1000 West Street, 17th Floor
PO Box 391
Wilmington, DE 19899-0391
302 571-6600

It's still an active case, so good luck!

Moose

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...